Options

ISO: Lost Dogs' Vigilantes

rvapetervapete Posts: 488
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
The ease at which people blindly attack each other these days, (oftentimes ignorant to the specifics of the situation), is really disheartening but is a sign of the "self aggrandizing" attitude that permeates most of current society. It's even sadder that this "elitist" attitude has infiltrated and is prominent throughout Lost Dogs message board as it contradicts the ethos of Pearl Jam. More times than not new users of this forum aren't familiar with an items value rather than trying to rip people off and a kind PM in notification or ignoring their proposition will suffice. The few rotten apples that cheat people on here make themselves pretty evident quickly and karma always has a way of making those fall farthest from the tree. It is wrong, mean and even downright cruel to unleash scathing attacks calling a member's integrity into question unless they have personally wronged you. Even still, it is the administrators' job to police this forum (they do a decent job I might add) not 10c members. A breach of the rules is to be notified to the administrators and the subsequent findings and means of action are at their discretion.

We have a special community here based on everyone's appreciation for the fine talents of these truly gifted musicians and the mementos that remind us of this. Let's not allow the pitfalls the band fights so hard against divide us and diverge our focus from the intent of the Forum; to share our enjoyment of Pearl Jam with each other.

Thank you for your time and attention
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Very well said - cheers
  • Options
    That behavior that I've seen is exactly why I stopped selling my collection on here. I wanted my stuff to go to the REAL fans, but it turns out the REAL fans can be quite elitist, preachy, and down right rude. I know it's not everyone because I have met some great people on here, but it just wasn't worth it to me anymore.