Polar Plunge - Chicago, Illinois - March 4, 2012

KyleBKyleB Posts: 75
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi Everyone,

Normally I would not post a message to the forums like this asking for your help but I'm going to try my hardest to reach my donation goals for the Special Olympics. I'm almost half way to my goal.

Next month, my brother, several of our friends and I will forgo rational thought, strip down and run into the freezing waters of Lake Michigan during the Polar Plunge. The Polar Plunge is an annual event where thousands of Chicagoans form teams and compete to see who can raise the most money for the Special Olympics of Chicago. Our team's efforts will be ultimately rewarded with intense shrinkage and turning our nipples into glass cutters as we run into Lake Michigan.

If you'd like to support my team's cause and most importantly, the Special Olympics of Chicago, please follow the link below and donate to our team. Donations of any amount are accepted and greatly appreciated. Feel free to share with other friends so we can support the Special Olympics of Chicago as much as possible.

To donate, please go to the following link:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/k ... olarplunge

To those who help out, thank you for donating and supporting the Special Olympics of Chicago.

Have a wonderful weekend.

-KyleB
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Good Luck!! I did it on January 1st this year into the ocean in Rhode Island.
    its not easy...I really think I heard my knees scream HOLY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US!!!!! :lol::lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • KyleBKyleB Posts: 75
    I'm excited to see how cold the water really is. We're the last run... maybe it'll be "warmer".

Thanks for writing!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Good luck :) I went to a polar bear plunge and it was unseasonably warm that day, maybe 50 degrees but very windy. I didn't participate, my husband and I only went for the entertainment. The ground was wet from rain and my toes were frozen! There were some shivering people there. They did not change into their clothes right after their plunge; I don't know if there was a problem with the tent for that.

So, I was in a port a pot over near the stage where the bands played. A freezing girl in the port a pot next to me wanted her belongings. She yelled out of the port a pot to her boyfriend, "did you hold my Coach purse while I went into the water?" In a tiny voice, he answered, "no." She blasted him....he said he left it in the car....then she yelled more stuff like where's my change purse? I had my Samsung movie camera with me, too bad I didn't video the inside of the port a pot while she screamed at him...I could have put that on you tube.

I don't blame him for not wanting to hold her huge Coach purse while she went into the water.

Damn, was she a nag! I mean, she supported a good cause, but please!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Glass Cutting Nipples, great band.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    bump
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • TS96221TS96221 Posts: 45
    good luck this weekend.

I hope you meet your goal!