Options

Liam Finn

Capricorn SisterCapricorn Sister Posts: 194
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
It was great to meet both he and Eliza Jane at the Santa Barbara show! He is quite lovely. I was glad that I got to chat with him. He's so extraordinarily talented - jumping from instrument-to-instrument; all the while singing with EJ! I just had to tell him. The genetic links are apparent - he is truly his father's son!
Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    Liam was awesome! I wish he was opening in MSG
  • Options
    It would have been nice to see more people inside the theater to hear he and Eliza Jane play. There is still a chance at the San Diego shows! The Finn Family has a great legacy with Liam holding his own.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    rmst09rmst09 Posts: 57
    I just bought his cd today. It's great. They were incredible and really got the night started off on the right foot. I can thank Eddie for the exposure to another great act. Kings of Leon, MMJ, and now Liam. Great addition to my collection.
  • Options
    I find myself humming Liam's song, "Gather to the Chapel," at odd times during the day!!
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I also enjoyed Liam's set. After his performance last night, I ran down to grab his CD (only $10 flat) and he was there for a hand shake a signed my CD and program. Thanks Liam! At times, he sounds so much like his dad that it's scary.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Liam is amazing - I was pleasantly surprised just how many people did show up for his set in SB and LA. He got a standing ovation at all 3 shows (and deservingly so). Met him in my hotel in LA. Seemed really surprised to be recognized. He is coming to Toronto in May. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Those of us actually in the theater, were laughing at Liam as he said something like, I've got my first real sunburn in Santa Barbara! He was really appreciative of the crowd cheering for he and Eliza Jane.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    yay more liam love here! :D

he certainly has talent in the blood no doubt...being a major neil finn fan for years myself :) and such a nice guy too, he signed the live cd i bought at the 1st berkeley show last week, really sweet. and so small. like he must sleep in a mitten lol

he'll be doing some solo shows next month, be sure to check him out!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

he certainly has talent in the blood no doubt...being a major neil finn fan for years myself :) and such a nice guy too, he signed the live cd i bought at the 1st berkeley show last week, really sweet. and so small. like he must sleep in a mitten lol

he'll be doing some solo shows next month, be sure to check him out!

More Liam dates
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options

It makes me wonder how such a tiny person can make so, so much noise on those drums!
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    he is really nice! and talented :)
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    $10 on a saturday night is a good deal
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    I can't stop talking about Liam. i want everyone I know to buy the disc. It does no justice to the live show and they will never understand what we saw, however still worth it.
    He rocked my figgin' world and I hope he continues to tour with EJ, she is fucking sweet!
  • Options
    HEAD'S UP!
    To all of my Fellow Liam Lovers!

CBS
    Sat, Apr 19
    12:35 AM
    Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (New)
    Kristen Bell; Oliver Hudson;
    GUEST: Liam Finn
    Record with TiVo
    VCR+: 2351722
  • Options
    bump for Liam - and how about a short Liam boot for anyone looking to relive their EV solo experience? http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S4S2J9FS
  • Options
    I got Liam's album "I'll Be Lightning" after getting home from the two LA shows and can't the songs out of my head. I am quickly becoming a big fan. I hope that he and Ed do more together in the future. There voices work together really well.
    Time To Emancipate
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Liam. I really might have to go see him again when he opens for Laura Veirs next month. He's playing on my old college campus for $15 so it seems like a no brainer to go.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    anyone know what effects pedal he uses to make his guitar sound like a bass?
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Liam. I really might have to go see him again when he opens for Laura Veirs next month. He's playing on my old college campus for $15 so it seems like a no brainer to go.
    I'm wishing I could be there also. Fifteen bucks is a steal for such a talented guy! There won't be a chance for me but I'll be there in spirit.
  • Options
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/yeild2pearljam/finn.jpg

Honestly, one of the highlights of the entire Ed tour. I literally did not want to miss the lights coming down to see the opening band--i can't remember the last time i felt that way.
    Good times.
  • Options
    gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    anyone know what effects pedal he uses to make his guitar sound like a bass?

I think its an Octave pedal with the first octave turned off. Boss makes a nice one, but its a little pricy.
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

• Options
    Honestly, one of the highlights of the entire Ed tour. I literally did not want to miss the lights coming down to see the opening band--i can't remember the last time i felt that way. Good times.
    That is exactly how I feel about Liam! His talent is not to be missed. If you get a chance to see him - GO!
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I thoroughly enjoyed him. Great surprise, met him and had him sign my new cd (his). The cd is good, but doesn't do him any justice to the live show. I tried the link in this post, but not very good audio quality (I'm not one of those people that need absolutely perfect). If anybody knows of a good quality live boot of Liam, that would be great.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    jambayleaf wrote:
    I thoroughly enjoyed him. Great surprise, met him and had him sign my new cd (his). The cd is good, but doesn't do him any justice to the live show. I tried the link in this post, but not very good audio quality (I'm not one of those people that need absolutely perfect). If anybody knows of a good quality live boot of Liam, that would be great.

posted this earlier in this thread http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S4S2J9FS it is a Liam boot

Anyone else notice he was not on the Late Late show?
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I saw that too. I Tivo'ed, woke up this morning disappointed.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Thu 05/01/08 Vancouver, BC St. James Hall
    Fri 05/02/08 Seattle, WA The Triple Door
    Sat 05/03/08 Portland, OR Doug Fir Lounge
    Mon 05/05/08 San Francisco, CA Bottom Of The Hill
    Tue 05/06/08 Los Angeles, CA Echo
    Wed 05/07/08 Phoenix, AZ The Rhythm Room
    Fri 05/09/08 Denver, CO The Walnut Room
    Sun 05/11/08 Omaha, NE Slowdown
    Tue 05/13/08 Minneapolis, MN Cedar Cultural Center
    Wed 05/14/08 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall Ballroom
    Thu 05/15/08 Chicago, IL Schubas Tavern
    Fri 05/16/08 Louisville, KY The 930
    Sat 05/17/08 Nashville, TN The Basement
    Sun 05/18/08 Atlanta, GA The EARL
    Tue 05/20/08 Vienna, VA Jammin' Java
    Wed 05/21/08 Philadelphia, PA World Cafe Live
    Thu 05/22/08 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom
    Fri 05/23/08 Cambridge, MA Middle East Downstairs
    Sat 05/24/08 Toronto, ON El Mocambo
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Fri 05/09/08 Denver, CO

I'm there :D
  • Options
    My sister and I had met Liam and Eliza Jane at the Santa Barbara show. We both got his autograph. Well, we are at the San Diego show and Liam is right behind us and sis is chatting him up. She gave me a nice surprise and got E.J's autograph on the program - now I have a matched set. I just love that little fella - something in the way he moves......?!?
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    It makes me wonder how such a tiny person can make so, so much noise on those drums!

He told me he takes out all his aggression on the kit. :)

What a cool guy.

I kissed him. ;)
  • Options
    This is funny! It's one of those things... if haven't seen Laim "play" with it - it won't make a whole lot of sense!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ONJfp95yoE

I couldn't kiss the 'wee lad' with E.J. standing in the way but Liam's hands are very soft!