Have You Ever Found Anything Valuable?

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Man finds $3.5 million stash of comics in closet

I found my wallet once after i left it on my trunk....after an accident, drove off to a softball game. Later that night couldn't find my wallet, got up early for work, drove to the accident scene then follwed my route to the softball fields. Two miles later at a busy intersection I saw something next to the curb, parked then walked to whatever i saw and there was my wallet with my daughter's picture staring up at me. The best thing was I STILL had my $759.00 cash in the wallet. :D

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you carry that much cash around :shock: Yowzers.

I found $20 once in one of my old jackets. That was a nice surprise.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    30 Euro on the ground once. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    My wife.....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    I found continued sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    £5 is probably my max.

My son and his friend once found a chicken wandering around near our local McDs. It lived happily ever after in his friends back garden.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    you carry that much cash around :shock: Yowzers.

I found $20 once in one of my old jackets. That was a nice surprise.

That was 14 years ago, I just cashed a clients check and i was going to buy something cash stereo? I did find a wallet with no ID no nothing except $1100. 00 cash. The wallet turned out to be more valuable than the cash.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Claireack wrote:
    £5 is probably my max.

My son and his friend once found a chicken wandering around near our local McDs. It lived happily ever after in his friends back garden.
    :lol: Work at a small town newspaper and did a feature on a guy who at his daughter's demand would stop and rescue chickens off the side of the road, ones that fell off the truck, and take them to their farm. So people who knew he had this new hobby started calling him when they would see one. The funniest was when he was spotted chasing a chicken in the parking lot of KFC

As far as finding anything valuable....I figure a surprise $20 in my pocket as someone has said is probably the biggest :lol:
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I found someone else's wallet with their Visa card in it - at one of the PJ Spectrum shows. She was from Florida, so I mailed it back to her.

I've probably found a few bucks here and there in pants pockets, but nothing of significant value.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    2557774750_6f7510b5d6.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    My stepdad and a guy he works with buys stuff at auctions then sells it on eBay, flea markets ect. Mostly what they do is go to auctions and buy whole room fulls of stuff that was pretty much not good enough to be sold individually, so they have found tons of valuable stuff, the first thing that comes to mind is a room they bought at a local hardware store that was closing down after 104 years of being in business, they bought the whole room for 500 bucks or so I think and then they were going through it and moved out a shelf and hiding behind it were two 1940's metal toy cars still in their original boxes, one sold on eBay for $1,050 and the other for around $800. Plus all of the vintage tools and other things that were in the room.
    RiotZact wrote:
    My stepdad and a guy he works with buys stuff at auctions then sells it on eBay, flea markets ect. Mostly what they do is go to auctions and buy whole room fulls of stuff that was pretty much not good enough to be sold individually, so they have found tons of valuable stuff, the first thing that comes to mind is a room they bought at a local hardware store that was closing down after 104 years of being in business, they bought the whole room for 500 bucks or so I think and then they were going through it and moved out a shelf and hiding behind it were two 1940's metal toy cars still in their original boxes, one sold on eBay for $1,050 and the other for around $800. Plus all of the vintage tools and other things that were in the room.

Like Storage Wars!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i have found an arrowhead , cash, pot, and stuff.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:

gf found a tiny bag of shit brown pot by our mailbox a couple of years back....she flushed it. i wouldn't have smoked it...stuff was bad looking :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

gf found a tiny bag of shit brown pot by our mailbox a couple of years back....she flushed it. i wouldn't have smoked it...stuff was bad looking :lol:
    i found a coulple grocery sacks fulla weed and a large pile of it at the same time, same place. total amount around 5 pounds. i turned it into the authorities as i do not fuck around.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    walking along railroad tracks with friends and brothers. i look down and find a 20 dollar bill. beer money, ladies and gentlemen.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    eMMI wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Like Storage Wars!

well not really, they just got really lucky that time because they were stuck behind the shelf, normally they know exactly what they are buying as does the person selling it
    RiotZact wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Like Storage Wars!

well not really, they just got really lucky that time because they were stuck behind the shelf, normally they know exactly what they are buying as does the person selling it

Fair enough. :lol: Just reminded me of that show, I was watching it earlier.
    eMMI wrote:
    Fair enough. :lol: Just reminded me of that show, I was watching it earlier.

As was I, good shit, Barry is the man :lol:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I went for a walk after a rain storm and found $20 floating in a large puddle.... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I found a $100 chip on the bathroom floor under the urinals at the Sahara in Vegas five years ago. After a little internal debate I did pick it up...and yes it was wet. :sick::lol:
  • Many years ago I found a $100 bill in a parking lot.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I found a $100 chip on the bathroom floor under the urinals at the Sahara in Vegas five years ago. After a little internal debate I did pick it up...and yes it was wet. :sick::lol:

Just rinse it off and cash it in :lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

Just rinse it off and cash it in :lol:

I did and played it I think.