Options

Girl in the office hates PJ

2»

Comments

• Options
    I had one of these tone deaf co-workers once...and to top it off she seriously thought (and I'm sure still does) that Nickelback was bad ass
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Seriously, what's the big deal?

And I wouldn't touch anything at her work station, you could lose your job for that.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    The question has been asked twice... ;) Why do you care?

Sounds like you want to make a road trip with her. ;)

Put on Eds' Better Days and see if she comes around.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    eMMI wrote:
    She doesn't like Pearl Jam? So the fricking what? :lol:

It's not so much that she doesn't like PJ that bothers me, its that I can't listen on my computer with my speakers on without getting dirty looks. Or, she jams earbuds in and gets all huffy.

Dude, listen to something else then. :lol: Or if you can, use headphones. It's not your personal office, you just gotta have to take other people into account.

Sure her giving you dirty looks over music is not the most mature thing, but what are ya gonna do? *shrugs*
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Seriously, what's the big deal?

And I wouldn't touch anything at her work station, you could lose your job for that.

It honestly doesn't really bother me. Its more or less an excuse to rip on each other a bit :lol: I suppose I shouldn't dink with her computer, killjoy :P
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    That would make me mad, actually. Sure, I would/could blow it off (her opinion), but I wouldn't be able to discuss anything EV or PJ related with her or I would get angry. :shock:
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    EmBleve wrote:
    That would make me mad, actually. Sure, I would/could blow it off (her opinion), but I wouldn't be able to discuss anything EV or PJ related with her or I would get angry. :shock:

Then why would you? There wouldn't be any point, cause chances are neither of you would be able to turn the other person's head.

I know stuff like this is annoying (I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm above it), but you just have to live with it. :geek:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    is she a Rebuplican?
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    eMMI wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

Then why would you? There wouldn't be any point, cause chances are neither of you would be able to turn the other person's head.

I know stuff like this is annoying (I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm above it), but you just have to live with it. :geek:
    Totally. You're right, but maybe it's because my bf likes to antagonize me with this, and now it's a nerve. If I listen to PJ or watch something or anything like that, he says things like "Pearl Jam sucks" or "That Eddie Vedder guy is a douche". He likes them okay, and he does this to rile me up, and it works. :x :lol: But I've been around plenty of people who don't have the same appreciation for them as I do, and it's like whatever, you're wrong. ;)
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    This is even worse - my boss, knowing I love PJ, has told me that she loves them and even asked why I didn't invite her with me to PJ20 (really??!!!).

BUT pretty much any time I've got PJ on in my office she asks what I'm listening to.

:roll:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I once worked for a guy who argued with me that Ashlee Simpson was a better singer than Eddie. Needless to say I quit that fakkin' job.

Skip the tires and shoot THIS guy!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    This is even worse - my boss, knowing I love PJ, has told me that she loves them and even asked why I didn't invite her with me to PJ20 (really??!!!).

BUT pretty much any time I've got PJ on in my office she asks what I'm listening to.

:roll:

At least she likes them even if she's sort of faking that she actually knows the music
  • Options
    Everyone who knows me knows that i LOVE everthing Pearl Jam. They all give me a hard time and say shit like "oh your going to see a Pearl Jam show?, are you gunna stay for all three songs? or "Pearl Jam sucks" They do it to get me riled up, it works on a very small level (Subconsciously mabey) But I just laugh along with them cuz its really funny to me. I mean, anyone who doesn't like the jam is obviously retarded musically. ;)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Shoot her. :P

I say slash her tires... It's less drastic LOL
    she is definetly uncapable of hanging out with you. the level of coolness is all fuckered up. so ye smash in her windshield. :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce