Your Thoughts...

evolution10evolution10 Posts: 76
edited February 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hello all, it's been forever and a day since I've posted here but I still frequent the board. Anyway I'm currently putting together a 2-piece acoustic PJ band to play out in the Chicago area for fun. It's a bit of a side project from our original band if you will.

I wanted to pick the brains of fellow Pearl Jam fans to see what songs you'd like us to play or be interested in us playing. We're open to any PJ or Ed songs so let the ideas fly!

(Side Note: This is just something to do for fun, my main passion is writing and recording with our original band. We're currently in the studio working on our second EP. If you'd like info on that band as we'll I'd be happy to share, I just didn't want to come of as spamming. All our music is free, of course.)
The Dollars
www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    What are some of your favorite songs? You probably can't go wrong if you play those.

I'll offer one suggestion, though. You should repost this in the Porch so more people will look at it.
  • Yeah, posting the the porch is a good idea. Thx!
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Saw a solo acoustic rendition of Present Tense once that was pretty rad.

And spam away on the original stuff.
  • Yeah, Present Tense can be a great acoustic tune if we can do it right. I think that'll be on the list too, good call!

Our original band is called The Ghosts Of Vegas, you can hear all our songs plus a few non-PJ covers at http://soundcloud.com/theghostsofvegas. We continue to add songs as we finish them. If you like what you hear please spread the word!! :)

-J
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    Ghost is a lot of fun to play on the acoustic & still sounds nice & crunchy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    OK, this has to be some kind of a sign...

Yesterday morning, I was singing "Indifference" under my breath as I got in the car. When I started it, the PJ Radio was on and sure enough, the song was playing.

Then, in the afternoon, I was kind of humming the bass line and the song came on again.

By the way, do you have any gigs lined up? If so, where/when?
  • JTH wrote:
    OK, this has to be some kind of a sign...

Yesterday morning, I was singing "Indifference" under my breath as I got in the car. When I started it, the PJ Radio was on and sure enough, the song was playing.

Then, in the afternoon, I was kind of humming the bass line and the song came on again.

By the way, do you have any gigs lined up? If so, where/when?

No gigs lined up right now but we're looking at doing a few open mics to start this PJ thing out. I'm thinking the little owl in Geneva IL and Durty Nellies in palatine (I think).

I'll post any time we're playing here, thanks for your reply!

-J
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net