Options

Amoeba records sale

White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
The amoeba records website has all sorts of good vinyl on it including the smashing pumpkins cream siamese dreams for $40.00 :shock:. Here's their mardi gras code for an additional 15% off & free shipping.

promo code: mardigras15
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Thank you sir! Will check out
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Good looking out! Thanks ;)
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Is this the latest Smashing Pumpkins vinyl release you speak of?
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Beck odelay, nirvana incesticide, gnr appetite(banned), radiohead limbs(newspaper), aic jar of flies/sap, a few melvins, tool pic discs, tom waits nighthawks, etc

Just to get your creative juices flowing ;)

Thanks robley!
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Beck odelay, nirvana incesticide, gnr appetite(banned), radiohead limbs(newspaper), aic jar of flies/sap, a few melvins, tool pic discs, tom waits nighthawks, etc

Just to get your creative juices flowing ;)

Thanks robley!

Cesaro Summability promo picture disc :o

That's awesome....
  • Options
    Hope folks are able to get a few things. Can't wait to get to LA to visit this place, on my bucket list someday ;).
  • Options
    Hope folks are able to get a few things. Can't wait to get to LA to visit this place, on my bucket list someday ;).

Another reason for me to visit the family in Southern California.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Somebody better snag that Nirvana Nevermind MFSL LP for $297.50 (after the promo code) :lol:
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PSUS2H wrote:
    Somebody better snag that Nirvana Nevermind MFSL LP for $297.50 (after the promo code) :lol:

I thought I would pass and save that for you! Along with the $200 signed Carpenters album :o

:lol:
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Nice... great album for under $12 (with coupon). Right in my wheelhouse

http://www.amoeba.com/buy-stuff/detail/ ... 40084.html
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    not seeing that Pumpkins' Siamese Dream Cream on there...am I missing something or is it gone already?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    Funny how I take this place for granted, given that it's only 20 min away. Love shopping at Amoeba.
    Can't wait to get to LA to visit this place, on my bucket list someday ;).
  • Options
    I hate you!!! ;)

kasedoug wrote:
    Funny how I take this place for granted, given that it's only 20 min away. Love shopping at Amoeba.
    Can't wait to get to LA to visit this place, on my bucket list someday ;).
  • Options
    Someone grabbed it already it seems

pjradio wrote:
    not seeing that Pumpkins' Siamese Dream Cream on there...am I missing something or is it gone already?
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Someone grabbed it already it seems

pjradio wrote:

:evil:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    First time I went to Amoeba on Haight Ashbury my band was on tour and we were playing Gilman so we only had around 2 hours to chill in SF as we had to get over to Berkerly.At that time it was 2 to 1 for the £ against the $ so it was pretty much a half price sale for us brits all across America, this was of course 2007 before the arse fell out of the financial systems the world over. I went into Amoeba to take a quick look around and after 45 minutes had been sucked from my life and I was $100 poorer I left. Actual best record store I've ever been to. I also dropped a ton of money in the Hollywood Amoeba as well. Those bastards...
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    My wife is off to LA next week so I've asked her to grab me the latest J Mascis single since I cant seem to get it in the UK...hope she doesn't get too freaked out in there.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    I love Amoeba Records. Period.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    edited February 2012
    If you don't own Lateralus on vinyl. Add it to your cart. Add two just because it's so amazing you'll likely wear it out and wished you had a spare.

Not my photo:
    tool.JPG
    Post edited by AfghanTwilight on
  • Options
    If you don't own Lateralus on vinyl. Add it to your cart. Add two just because it's so amazing you'll likely wear it out and wished you had a spare.

Oh yeah it's great on vinyl.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885

Oh yeah it's great on vinyl.

Just picked one up-Thanks for the heads up
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Amoeba is not nice.
    I went across the U.S. to shop there.
    I had been on the road for a while.
    Touring with kids... :roll:

I have stuff in a bag I carry with me, Advil, my IPOD, credit cards, money, my passport, wallet, keys, etc.
    They would not let me shop there
    They wanted to "hold" my purse?
    I said " How about my Credit cards and ID?"
    They said "No, it's just our policy"
    I said.. " I just want to look and buy records. I came from MIAMI dude!
    They said , "sorry , it's our rule.. No purses"
    I said , "You can do a body and bag check now! and before I leave!!!"
    they said "I'm sorry , we don't make the rules."
    I said " I'm sorry, I just won't. I will never shop here"

I walked 6 blocks to a small shop called "The Black Pancake". The owner is super nice. I got every flyer and vinyl I could. Does anyone know what a real Amoeba is? I buy wax from Sound Stage Direct! Amoeba made me so angry
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Amoeba is not nice.
    I went across the U.S. to shop there.
    I had been on the road for a while.
    Touring with kids... :roll:

I have stuff in a bag I carry with me, Advil, my IPOD, credit cards, money, my passport, wallet, keys, etc.
    They would not let me shop there
    They wanted to "hold" my purse?
    I said " How about my Credit cards and ID?"
    They said "No, it's just our policy"
    I said.. " I just want to look and buy records. I came from MIAMI dude!
    They said , "sorry , it's our rule.. No purses"
    I said , "You can do a body and bag check now! and before I leave!!!"
    they said "I'm sorry , we don't make the rules."
    I said " I'm sorry, I just won't. I will never shop here"

I walked 6 blocks to a small shop called "The Black Pancake". The owner is super nice. I got every flyer and vinyl I could. Does anyone know what a real Amoeba is? I buy wax from Sound Stage Direct! Amoeba made me so angry

I'm sorry to hear that but I assume it's a big store. They probably have had theft.
  • Options
    Not my photo:
    tool.JPG

That's it. It sounds great and The Alex Grey artwork is phenomenal .

I have this on my wall:
    wonder_alex_grey.jpg
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I buy wax from Sound Stage Direct! Amoeba made me so angry

Good luck with that. I had a gift certificate for soundstage and didn't even want to use it because of their extremely high prices. I just ordered on Feb 16 and they didn't ship out my records until Feb 23(they had everything in stock). I'm not happy with them...
  • Options
    have you seen the scumbags who hang out in Haight Ashbury.? I would only people into that store if they were naked
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    You guys are crazy....That Lateralus vinyl is an awful listen. How can you get past the annoying hiss. Cool to look at though.

Is the cream Siamese Dream the standard version that was available before the reissue?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    DewieCox wrote:
    You guys are crazy....That Lateralus vinyl is an awful listen. How can you get past the annoying hiss. Cool to look at though.

Is the cream Siamese Dream the standard version that was available before the reissue?
    The one that looks like light tomato soup? Thats what I thought too, as I have that one.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

It doesn't bother me as I listen to all kinds of Lo-Fi shit. It sounds genuine to me.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    crazypjfan wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I buy wax from Sound Stage Direct! Amoeba made me so angry

Good luck with that. I had a gift certificate for soundstage and didn't even want to use it because of their extremely high prices. I just ordered on Feb 16 and they didn't ship out my records until Feb 23(they had everything in stock). I'm not happy with them...

I have my own wax account manager..(at sound stage) I tell her when I need it. I know ameoba has thefty issues. but I offered for them to hold my credit card and I.D. I ALSO offered for them to check my little purse before and after... I am saying the Black Pancake is six blocks away and more human, he would order anything you want. Now I have to buy vinyl at HOT TOPic :lol: so shameful.. shipping sucks.
    I really like to buy vinyl at shows.