WTF

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
WTF slogan idea has town's residents saying OMG

The Colorado town of Fruita considered using WTF -- for Welcome to Fruita -- in a tourism campaign, but the pitch proved too edgy for many longtime residents. The popular destination for mountain bikers, rafters and other DIY adventurers considered the slogan after a couple's homemade WTF stickers proved popular with local businesses...but the idea also led to "hundreds of emails, phone calls and in-person contacts from overwhelmingly dismayed residents," according to The Daily Sentinel. "When I've explained [what WTF stands for online], or had my grandson explain it," Fruita mayor Ken Henry said, "They've come unglued."

i would rethink the "fruita"
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    i would rething the "fruita"

Really. :lol::lol:

But seriously, is this what the world is coming to, people are too lazy to read actual words and have to use initials for everything?
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    i would rething the "fruita"

Really. :lol::lol:

But seriously, is this what the world is coming to, people are too lazy to read actual words and have to use initials for everything?
    yeah. wtf.

:lol:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

I don't think laziness has anything to do with it. If WTF didn't have another meaning, I doubt they would have used it for their slogan. It's just a play on an already established abbreviation, which I'm sure the people thought would appeal to the "young folks". I'm sure it would probably get their name out there. I bet people would be buying up tons of those shirts, the same way people always used to wear those Cocks and FU hats/shirts (South Carolina and Fordham) regardless of whether they've ever been to or cared to attend those universities. I personally don't find it that funny, but I bet there are some kids out there who can't put down their phone for 2 seconds who would think a "WTF: Welcome To Fruita" shirt is hilarious.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"