Procrastination

2»

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm also a master at coming up with excuses. I don't think you should be hard on yourself all the time but at some point if it's significantly affecting your life, you just have to break the cycle. Don't think about doing something, just do it. Once you take action, you will feel better about yourself and you're going to want to do more. Just got to break the cycle :)

I know I should really stop procrastinating because it's so stressful to get things done at the last second. But, I do some of my best work under stress.
    I do too sometimes. Not all the time. Hey if it works for you then carry in, I suppose. But it's not sustainable for me, and sounds like it's wearing down on Newch too.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Suziemay wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    HUGE procrastinator here :D I find I do it to stall from doing something that might be difficult or daunting. If you recognize why you are doing it, you might be able to minimize it. I have to make deals with myself. "No Suziemay, no internet time until you cross off 5 things from your to-do list". :D
    That's what I need to do.
    I'm also a master at coming up with excuses. I don't think you should be hard on yourself all the time but at some point if it's significantly affecting your life, you just have to break the cycle. Don't think about doing something, just do it. Once you take action, you will feel better about yourself and you're going to want to do more. Just got to break the cycle :)
    Me too. I've already wrote out an alibi for myself to remember on why I didn't attend class when I see my professor.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Took me forever to post in this thread. Glad that's over...