Options

Pearl Jam songs and BPM?

CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
edited February 2012 in The Porch
My bro has taken a liking to running while listening to PJ, and he's asked me to find out if anyone has any info on songs in the PJ catalogue and how many beats per minute they have?
"Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Depends on the song I imagine
  • Options
    Good luck with that. I'd like to know all that info as well but I'm sure it isn't out there. Rearview mirror and Brain of J are the best running songs by far for me but it all just depends on the person. Try to stay away from BPM higher than 100 as this is unsustainable for long periods and it tends to shorten the stride length which is bad.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Go Illini...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Go Illini...

+1

(Good to see the Illini getting some love from overseas. Its been a pretty bad week for the orange and blue.)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Go Illini...

+1

(Good to see the Illini getting some love from overseas. Its been a pretty bad week for the orange and blue.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7tyfQu4 ... ture=email
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    This may help...

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

just play the song in the background and tap away haha
    "this is Eddie saying I am a rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick"
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Go Illini...

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7tyfQu4 ... ture=email

I was at a illini game at the United Center in Chicago this year and the halftime scene was sad. They played the Chief's music and people just stood and stared at an empty court. They old timers all complained about the Chief being gone and a lot of the current students really didn't seem to know what was going on during halftime.
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 706
    Carey wrote:
    My bro has taken a liking to running while listening to PJ, and he's asked me to find out if anyone has any info on songs in the PJ catalogue and how many beats per minute they have?

$100 and I'll tell you what you want to know...
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    Tenzing N. wrote:
    Good luck with that. I'd like to know all that info as well but I'm sure it isn't out there. Rearview mirror and Brain of J are the best running songs by far for me but it all just depends on the person. Try to stay away from BPM higher than 100 as this is unsustainable for long periods and it tends to shorten the stride length which is bad.

Thanks, I will pass this suggestion on to him!
  • Options
    joshmass wrote:
    This may help...

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

just play the song in the background and tap away haha

Omg, that is pretty cool! Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Go Illini...

+1 8-)
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I'll go through my list and let you know what I listen to....I"m big on running lately and I have quite a few PJ songs in there....Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you. I know RVM is in there and Brain of J as someone else has mentioned.
  • Options
    Most songs from VS. worked well for running for me (especially Blood, Go, Leash). A lot of songs from Vitalogy seem like they would work well too (StBC, Whipping, Last Exit, Satan's Bed). Pretty much anything aggressive (BPM not considered).
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options