Swatch Watches

TheShaferTheShafer Posts: 81
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
How many of you suckers still have one????

Post up some pics!
The road goes on forever and the party never ends....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Those pieces of shit always fell apart. Unless somebody collected them and didn't wear them or something, I would be surprised to see any survivors. Do they still make them?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Those pieces of shit always fell apart. Unless somebody collected them and didn't wear them or something, I would be surprised to see any survivors. Do they still make them?

apparently they do. http://www.swatch.com/zz_en/home.html

I have one that I wore for less than 10 hours, still in the box. After I found out they were collectable, I saved the others...all in the original box, worn, but with the original box. I'm not ashamed...I collected watches for a while.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never owned one.....

timex...than a fossil POS, and for the last 8.5 years...a seiko
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • there are 1000's of them on the bay, but I cant seem to find the one I had when I was a kid
    The road goes on forever and the party never ends....
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I am a watch addict. Love them. I have about 6 right now.

Looking at a Citizen as we speak.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    SYNCHRONIZE SWATCHES!! :P

I loved my swatch back in high school...think i lost it though...love to have it back 8-)
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    3.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    GG402_sr1.jpg

and

GB713E_sr1.jpg
    ^^^ this was my favorite one

- Christopher McCandless
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    have 3 coca cola ones from the early 80's
    norm wrote:

:lol: I was gonna get that one, then I was told "that's a boy's watch" :evil:

all the watches after my first one I bought with my own money. :D

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:

:lol: $90!

I still have mine...a different band, but I still have it.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    i got a swatch for christmas when i was 10. then i caught some a-hole named Ryan Roberts trying to steal it from my gym locker. game on. no one steals my swatchwatch! :evil:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i got a swatch for christmas when i was 10. then i caught some a-hole named Ryan Roberts trying to steal it from my gym locker. game on. no one steals my swatchwatch! :evil:

:lol::lol:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i actually bought one about a week or two ago :oops:

BUT, it's the new swatch touch. the thing looks pretty sick and is comfortable as all hell. completely touch screen. i got the black one:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/30/swat ... -you-know/
  • Whoa, this brought back some memories :lol:
    Aren't they made anymore?

I had a Pop Swatch back then, but I'm not a watch person.
    I had this one:
    20120127-170733-FTYNH.jpg

Dunno what happened to it, maybe it's still buried somewhere at my parents' ...
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    I was in Vegas last month, and there is a Swatch store at the shops at the Caesar's Palace. My friend actually wears a Swatch to this day.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I had an all black thin swatch in 1991 or 1992. The hands and numbers and everything were black, people use to say how the hell can you tell time etc? I wore / liked it because it reminded me of my favorite song - Pearl Jam's Black obviously. It was called dark star or something, kinda cool when i think back. God; I was so tortured in the 90s.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Had a Swatch in junior high school. It was a POS.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    norm wrote:
    SYNCHRONIZE SWATCHES!! :P

I loved my swatch back in high school...think i lost it though...love to have it back 8-)

:thumbup: first thing that i thought of when i saw this thread :D

i don't recall every having one though :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I know I have a few watches buried somewhere. One of them is 90210-themed. However, I do still have my swatch phone. If I ever have a landline again- I'm gonna break out this bad ass piece of 80s awesomeness. I'll probably keep it next to my totally tubular Caboodle.

telefone-verde-rosa.jpg
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I know I have a few watches buried somewhere. One of them is 90210-themed. However, I do still have my swatch phone. If I ever have a landline again- I'm gonna break out this bad ass piece of 80s awesomeness. I'll probably keep it next to my totally tubular Caboodle.

telefone-verde-rosa.jpg

I wanted one of those SO bad! my mother thought it was stupid to spend $100 on a phone....and my caboodle is that same exact color... :oops:

- Christopher McCandless
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

telefone-verde-rosa.jpg

I wanted one of those SO bad! my mother thought it was stupid to spend $100 on a phone....and my caboodle is that same exact color... :oops:

WAIT!! DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR CABOODLE?! I have mine too. :lol: Hot pink and black- 2 tiered and the ultimate purple glitter 3-tiered. hahahaha

All this talk is making me miss scrunchies.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    norm wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

i wasn't kidding, man. after that day, he stayed far away from me. :evil:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    RYEzupSF wrote:

WAIT!! DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR CABOODLE?! I have mine too. :lol: Hot pink and black- 2 tiered and the ultimate purple glitter 3-tiered. hahahaha

All this talk is making me miss scrunchies.

yes, I still have it. I remember saving money for it and was so proud to have one...I filled it with horrible metallic fuchsia eyeshadow, and those 125 color eyeshadow compacts...you know, filled with a bunch of colors you'd never wear?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQobT526I6XnC_T6pJLTwK6exbcDlTKJxIr1TTccP2hJg5eou7i4g

I use it every once in a while...I mean, it has the awesome tilting mirror.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKMaOp_gFNqnhlkpa45JCxI3M7N7DxxWdY0JDM9qPiCvWE7xErnw

scrunchies.... :lol: makes me remember one girl in my class that would put kooshes in her hair instead of scrunchies...

- Christopher McCandless
    mfc2006 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

i wasn't kidding, man. after that day, he stayed far away from me. :evil:

Oh I know you're not kidding ...just cracked me up you still remember his name and would probably kick his ass again if you saw him right now ;):D
    norm wrote:

Oh I know you're not kidding ...just cracked me up you still remember his name and would probably kick his ass again if you saw him right now ;):D

I remember ALL the mean kids' names! :evil: ...and yes, I'd kick their ass if I saw them again today. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Swatch has created a mechanical (winding vs battery) watch, although it is the first to be made by robots instead of humans .... which means they can sell it for $150 vs. $550. I guess it is kind of a big deal in the watch industry as mechanical watches have always been assembled by humans.

Anyone have one?

swatch-sistem51-06.jpg

swatch-sistem51-29.jpg