Amanda Knox Book Deal

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
$4 million dollar book deal:

Cashing on on someone's death Vs. Justified for 4 years of life wasted.

ready go...
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I didn't follow the case that much, so I can't really say. If she were innocent, I would say it's fine, so many tabloids and news programs made money off of her misfortune and she might as well get her side of the story out there. If she were guilty I would obviously say she should go fuck herself.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I didn't follow the case that much, so I can't really say. If she were innocent, I would say it's fine, so many tabloids and news programs made money off of her misfortune and she might as well get her side of the story out there. If she were guilty I would obviously say she should go fuck herself.

+1
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    If she spent 4 years in an Italian prison for a crime she did not commit (and was eventually exonerated of), I would say the book deal is definitely justified.

From what I've read on the case, it seems like she was wrongfully convicted.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wasn't her slander case thrown out?

if she were an ugly girl, nobody would be giving her a book deal, nor would she have gotten so much press.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    RKCNDY wrote:
    wasn't her slander case thrown out?

if she were an ugly girl, nobody would be giving her a book deal, nor would she have gotten so much press.

I believe her parents were charged for slander in Italy. Turns out!! Stating publicly that a conviction is an miscarriage of justice is against the law.

I agree with you completely regarding the amount of attention she's gotten (and will continue to get) having a lot to do with her being attractive.
  • 4 million wow good for her but that probably eliminates a playboy spread in the near future
  • I didn't follow the case that much, so I can't really say. If she were innocent, I would say it's fine, so many tabloids and news programs made money off of her misfortune and she might as well get her side of the story out there. If she were guilty I would obviously say she should go fuck herself.

dont really know about knox, but even the innocent write books as well. Damien echols has a book due out this year detailing everything wm3 related,

i think people are going to rightly or wrongly always wonder about her, did she do it, did she get away with murder, or was she the victim of a currupt justice system. much like lizzie borden of long ago.

ive heard rumors she wants to get involved in criminal justice and helping to free people wrongly imprisoned. i think thats wise
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I'm :shock: SHOCKED!!! Didn't see this coming! :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad