Colbert Report Halted?

HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Production on 'The Colbert Report' was unexpectedly suspended for at least two days this week, and the late-night satirist's fans have taken to Twitter to express shock and concern. Since the initial cancellation email was sent to ticket holders, citing "unforeseen circumstances," the @StephenAtHome, @ComedyCentral and @ColbertReport handles have remained eerily silent. Other Tweeps (those who don't think this is a presidential campaign stunt, anyway) are mostly sending worried well wishes to the MIA host.

When viewers tuned in to Comedy Central on Wednesday night expecting a new episode of "Colbert Report," they were instead met with a rerun of the Stephen Colbert-led "fake news" favorite.

Deadline reports that when the audience members turned up for Colbert's Wednesday show, they were turned away and told that the show had been canceled for "unforseen reasons," and would be suspended for at least the rest of the week and possibly longer.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    the guy is such a pompous asshole....hope its gone for good....liberal
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Sawyer wrote:

there's the pot calling the....(biting tongue) :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    That is strange. Tuesday's episode was hilarious!
    Hope it comes back soon. The Daily Show and Colbert is about the best hour of TV on.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Was wondering why it said Claire Danes was on the show but had Bjork instead.

Wonder what really happened.
  • Anybody know Dick Cheney's whereabouts?

:think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I hope he's ok.
    Anybody know Dick Cheney's whereabouts?

:lol::lol: ...or Gingrich, or Perry, or Boehner the list goes on and on. Colbert may be locked in a broom closet at Republican HQ right now.
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Wow!! This really surprises me! COME BACK PLEASE!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    Sawyer wrote:

Newt Gingrich is a pompous asshole.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Anybody catch the Daily Show when the one guy asked the Florida state rep & governor to pee into a cup since they were taking taxpayer money? :lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    According to the Wall Street Journal, the temporary shutdown is due to a "family emergency"
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Anybody catch the Daily Show when the one guy asked the Florida state rep & governor to pee into a cup since they were taking taxpayer money? :lol::lol::lol:
    yes!!! too funny

and sawyer needs sense of humor!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Anybody catch the Daily Show when the one guy asked the Florida state rep & governor to pee into a cup since they were taking taxpayer money? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:
    That was great.

I don't know what was better...the Florida drug testing, or last night when they counter-sued PETA for royalties of the animals they use in their ads. :lol:
  • Sawyer wrote:

jesus dude, cut the guy some fucking slack.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-5 ... port-says/

CBS) Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report" has reportedly shut down production for the week due to his sick 91-year-old mother, sources told the New York Post.

An email was sent to audience members on Wednesday and Thursday saying the shows had been cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances."

Colbert, the youngest of 11 children, is very close to his mother, a source close to the show told the Post.

The nature of his mother's sickness is not known and a spokesman for the comedic host gave no details, says the paper.

Comedy Central said the show would air repeat episodes until further notice.
    uke can save the world
  • Anybody know Dick Cheney's whereabouts?

:lol:
    Actually, I was thinking more like Charles Koch.

:twisted:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

well done!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Sawyer wrote:

Mr. Colbert is tending to his sick mother.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I miss the Colbert Report. Props to him taking over Letterman, but I don't watch Late Shows and enjoyed watching the nights previous Report when getting home from work on Comedy Central

So this sucks for me ...