need "new" gmail help

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,934
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
the new gmail seems like your typical "upgrade" to me....in that it scuks.

does anyone have any idea how I might find my address book and/or the email groups I had created?

fucking upgrades :x
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Why do they always have to go and mess up something that is working just fine?
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    Click on the link on the left hand side that says "Gmail" and has a down arrow next to it. Then select "Contacts."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    gmail blows...my phone supposedly synched all my contacts to my gmail account. Only 3 contacts showed up out of 20+ contacts. :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    gmail blows...

but it's google. :lol:

i don't trust them with my email....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    gmail blows...

yeah, but gmail is the 'uber free email address'

apparently you are judged by your email account, if you still have a yahoo.com, aol.com, hotmail.com etc you are 'behind' in technology. gmail.com is the 'in' thing. (this info is gleaned from the unemployment office, "update your free email to gmail, so you look like you are up to date with technology")
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    gmail blows...

apparently you are judged by your email account, if you still have a yahoo.com, aol.com, hotmail.com etc you are 'behind' in technology. gmail.com is the 'in' thing. (this info is gleaned from the unemployment office, "update your free email to gmail, so you look like you are up to date with technology")

fuck them.

i've been using hotmail since 97 or so...no need to change...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

That's some hardcore shit.
    Travelar wrote:
    81 wrote:

just seems like changing it would be a pita...are you suppose to send a mass email to everyone in your address book or something....

and then you have all your different online accounts that are linked into it.

i never understood the point of flipping to gmail or whatever...i also never understood why people went with comcast or something, since when you close your cable account, you lose your email address.

guess i'm old.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'm sticking with hotmail. Besides I've forgotten my gmail password, and I've also given up on google+, I didn't get it.
    Travelar wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol: I outlived several free email accounts...rocketmail.com (bought out by yahoo), usa.net (just shut down, 'sorry, no more support, we will transfer all your emails to a different server if you like')

yahoo may not last much longer... :?

oh, and I have an comcast account...not once have I checked that email :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • 81 wrote:
    fuck them.

I have had AOL as my email address since 1995 and it is simply my <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lastname@aol.com">lastname@aol.com</a><!-- e -->. So easy that everyone that knows me never has to guess which email I am using now, if they spelled my 'cool guy creative name @' correctly or any of that.
    Downside is that I bet I get a smart ass comment every other time I tell someone my email and end it with @aol.com. Yes, I am one of the last people on free earth that uses AOL.

Work email goes through google and I fucking hate the format for it when I get it on my phone or am away from my laptop/outlook and need to check remotely through gmail.com.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Downside is that I bet I get a smart ass comment every other time I tell someone my email and end it with @aol.com. Yes, I am one of the last people on free earth that uses AOL.

unlost has an aol account...

- Christopher McCandless
  • The thing I love about gmail is the way it groups an email trail into one "conversation". When I get group emails going with friends, it's much better to see 1 conversation instead of 40-50 separate emails.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    The thing I love about gmail is the way it groups an email trail into one "conversation". When I get group emails going with friends, it's much better to see 1 conversation instead of 40-50 separate emails.
    That's pretty much the only good thing about gmail.
    81 wrote:
    Travelar wrote:
    81 wrote:

just seems like changing it would be a pita...are you suppose to send a mass email to everyone in your address book or something....

and then you have all your different online accounts that are linked into it.

i never understood the point of flipping to gmail or whatever...i also never understood why people went with comcast or something, since when you close your cable account, you lose your email address.

guess i'm old.

Haha. I hear you on that. It's a PITA to consolidate and switch. I did it when I switched to GMail (back when you had to know someone who worked for Google to get an account) and that's going to be it for me. Although I'm not keen on their new privacy policies, so I may have to start looking at hosting my own mail.... which is more trouble than it's worth.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i just reverted it back to the "old" gmail about 3 days after the conversion to the new one...cuz i didn't feel like trying to figure out something else new and discombobulated

but i suppose its inevitable ;)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,934
    Travelar wrote:
    Click on the link on the left hand side that says "Gmail" and has a down arrow next to it. Then select "Contacts."

well I'll be go to hell. Thanks, dude! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    RKCNDY wrote:

gf has an aol account...and a hotmail account, and a yahoo account and a gmail account....

i never know where to send an email
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

hotmail...hehehehe :lol:
    81 wrote:

guess i'm old.

you're not old (relatively speaking). I kinda had to change to gmail or something like it....I was @cox.net in vegas but then we moved to salt lake.....I couldn't keep cox w/o them being my ISP and I didn't have an ISP in SLC yet....one way or another, someting was gonna change.

I have had AOL as my email address since 1995 and it is simply my <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lastname@aol.com">lastname@aol.com</a><!-- e -->. So easy that everyone that knows me never has to guess which email I am using now, if they spelled my 'cool guy creative name @' correctly or any of that.

the day I dropped AOL was one of the happiest days of my life.....of course it was also the day I went from dial up to cable modem :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

gf has an aol account...and a hotmail account, and a yahoo account and a gmail account....

i never know where to send an email

this is my experience with AOL
    (in the distant past, that is)

Hello..You've Got Mail
    Goodbye!

with only about 2 seconds in between the two

oh the good ol' days :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    alot of people mock hotmail...i don't get it. works great
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

it just kind of seems like something a teenage girl would use ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

is that the joke. :?:

i never made that jump
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    Travelar wrote:

NP. :) As you can probably tell, I spend way too much time in my account. :/
    Travelar wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Travelar wrote:

NP. :) As you can probably tell, I spend way too much time in my account. :/

hey, I do appreciate it. I thought I had clicked everywhere there was to click. :oops:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    gmail blows...

I personally love gmail... especially Google documents. That thing has been a life-saver for me on numerous occasions w/ school and work and is really helpful between Ms. DC and I for sharing our budgets. When either one of us updates it, we can see it. It really helped the issue of us updating those documents and the other not getting said updates.

Having said that, I still love all you yahooers, aolers, and hotmailers. AOL brings back some serious memories.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sMoKiNg_BaYbEe_81@hotmail.com">sMoKiNg_BaYbEe_81@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

:lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sMoKiNg_BaYbEe_81@hotmail.com">sMoKiNg_BaYbEe_81@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

:lol::lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    dcfaithful wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

Funny. My son's friend's mother's email address is baybee#### at something dot something.
    JTH wrote:
    Funny. My son's friend's mother's email address is baybee#### at something dot something.

Years ago I was involved with a girl who sent me a text and it addressed me as that. All I could do was laugh. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL