8181 Posts: 58,276
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's like Raaaaaiiiinnnnn....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • That reminds me: I need to stop at BJ's on my way home from work.
  • Waiver time
  • That reminds me: I need to stop at BJ's on my way home from work.
    :P
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    My buddy said he had a slice of pizza at Knockout Pizza and that it was the worst he ever had. After about half an hour thinking about it on mushrooms he said, "someone should go to Knockout Pizza... and like... knock them out."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    That reminds me: I need to stop at BJ's on my way home from work.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    81 wrote:

There was one in downtown Dallas for a few months, but the owners of the building changed the locks after the restaurant refused to pay rent. I guess he moved to Vegas where he doesnt rely on repeat business. I like junk food as much as the next guy but buns and fries deep fried in pure lard just didn't appeal to me. They would also put a whole stick of butter inside their milkshakes. Some of my coworkers went once or twice..unsurprisingly they said the food wasn't that good. They felt bad for this one customer there who told them he would go eat there every day...he was morbidly obese so he would receive free food. He would go in and eat several burgers..before each one he would have to get on this huge cow scale to get the free food and a large alarm would ring since he was over 350 lbs.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Despite the clinical atmosphere, Basso is not actually a medical doctor, so he called 911. Paramedics and EMTs arrived in moments.

That's my favorite line from the story.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Better Dan wrote:
    I like junk food as much as the next guy but buns and fries deep fried in pure lard just didn't appeal to me. They would also put a whole stick of butter inside their milkshakes. Some of my coworkers went once or twice..unsurprisingly they said the food wasn't that good.

Yeah, that just sounds shitty. And if the food isn't good, the "clinical atmosphere" doesn't seem fun enough to make me want to suffer through it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Theres one of these joints in Phoenix. Haven't been yet! :thumbup:
  • DS1119 wrote:

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morn ... loses.html
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm no heath nut, but like drinking you should stay within the limits of your body.
    DS1119 wrote:

Damn. Guess I never will either.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Damn. Guess I never will either.

575 pounds. :o

I remember reading that story but didn't realize they closed. People in Phoenix are generally pretty health conscious so it kind of doesn't surprise me. Guess I need to hit the one in Vegas before that closes! :lol:
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    DS1119 wrote:

I remember reading that story but didn't realize they closed. People in Phoenix are generally pretty health conscious so it kind of doesn't surprise me. Guess I need to hit the one in Vegas before that closes! :lol:

Phoenix is the 18th fattest city in the country.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Well, I don't think there's anything too scientific about the lists of fattest or fittest cities. I was just looking at a list that named Phoenix the 13th fittest city.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Well, I don't think there's anything too scientific about the lists of fattest or fittest cities. I was just looking at a list that named Phoenix the 13th fittest city.

Okay. So we agree top 25.
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

All I can say is walk around Tempe around the ASU campus or go to the malls and look at the women. 8-) :thumbup:

Also, alot of retirees that moved there possibly skewing the numbers. Phoenix area people tend to be pretty fit in my opinion.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

All I can say is walk around Tempe around the ASU campus or go to the malls and look at the women. 8-) :thumbup:

Well, I do enjoy beautiful people, however, as a male loving female, this has no appeal to me. :lol:
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Well, I do enjoy beautiful people, however, as a male loving female, this has no appeal to me. :lol:

I'm confused. :?
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    cheesy.... very cheesy
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Stardog3.. wrote:

:lol: Now I get it it.