Linsanity !!!

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
It's bigger than the Giants winning the superbowl actually bigger than anything sports wise here in NY ...

To linfinity & beyond
Madison Square gardlin
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    this is just getting stupid....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    It's bigger than the Giants winning the superbowl actually bigger than anything sports wise here in NY ...

To linfinity & beyond
    Madison Square gardlin

keep the attention off my rangers..love it

can't wait to see melo come back and start a tittty fit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

To linfinity & beyond
    Madison Square gardlin

You STILL a Laker fan RIGHT! :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

To linfinity & beyond
    Madison Square gardlin

Peace

only at playoff time when they are the top contender. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    g under p wrote:

To linfinity & beyond
    Madison Square gardlin

Peace

yes sir... but they need alot of help

i care about hockey...every other sport is a back burner for me

good game last night ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I haven't seen a second of footage. I try to stay away from ESPN except for actual games. It sounds like a nice story but the team and city he plays for make it close to a non-story. When does black hole Melo come back?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I haven't seen a second of footage. I try to stay away from ESPN except for actual games. It sounds like a nice story but the team and city he plays for make it close to a non-story. When does black hole Melo come back?

When he does come back he better start to play within the team relm for the Knicks to continue their winning ways.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

To push this insanity along, it does help that this is happening in NYC.

Peace

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    JK_Livin wrote:

Non story where on Mars :lol: this story is the biggest story in all of basketball and when Melo does come back this Friday he will have to adjust hi's game to coincide with Lin .. Yeah Melo coming back into the rotation will surely make the Knicks bad again :roll:
  • Five exceptional games does not a career make. I think this is a bit out of hand...reminds me of Tebowmania.
    I swear when I got up and turned Mike and Mike on this morning I wasn't looking and they were playing his postgame comments and I honestly thought it was Tebow speaking. The guy seems really cool and hell if he can keep it up more power to him but damn...it's FIVE GAMES
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :mrgreen: Unreal!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    Five exceptional games does not a career make. I think this is a bit out of hand...reminds me of Tebowmania.
    I swear when I got up and turned Mike and Mike on this morning I wasn't looking and they were playing his postgame comments and I honestly thought it was Tebow speaking. The guy seems really cool and hell if he can keep it up more power to him but damn...it's FIVE GAMES

yes it's only five games but you do realize it's the greatest scoring output by any player since the NBA-ABA merger for the 1st 5 games they've started in their careers? pretty damn impressive
    JK_Livin wrote:

agreed...i've not seen much either...i've skipped the sports articles on the web, and i don't watch espn.

media is getting carrieda way, again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:

Should we really expect anything less?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Should we really expect anything less?

yes...but we know, that's not how espn operates
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    It's pretty incredible and a great story. ESPN overblows everything, but it seems like there has been a pretty huge reaction to it with the MSG stock and

Some of the comparisons are kinda silly...Most points through 5 starts or whatever...The players he's topping, those were their first 5 NBA games.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    pjhawks wrote:
    Five exceptional games does not a career make. I think this is a bit out of hand...reminds me of Tebowmania.

yes it's only five games but you do realize it's the greatest scoring output by any player since the NBA-ABA merger for the 1st 5 games they've started in their careers? pretty damn impressive

I think it's somewhat impressive but who else can score on that team with Melo and Amare out. Dana Barros scored a lot ot points on some shitty Sixer teams because there was no one else that could. Time will tell and I don't care because he's a Knick.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

agreed...i've not seen much either...i've skipped the sports articles on the web, and i don't watch espn.

So it's a non story :lol::lol:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    DewieCox wrote:
    It's pretty incredible and a great story. ESPN overblows everything, but it seems like there has been a pretty huge reaction to it with the MSG stock and

Some of the comparisons are kinda silly...Most points through 5 starts or whatever...The players he's topping, those were their first 5 NBA games.

1st 5 starts not 1st 5 games. and you know you don't see a 6'1" asian guy lighting up the nba every day.

To linfinity & beyond
    Madison Square gardlin

I hear you even last night with your Rangers shutting out the Bruins today the sports radio lead with Linsanity :lol:
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

So it's a non story :lol::lol:

did you miss the carried away part? nobody said it was a non story...it's being blown way out of proportion.

as a comparison...didn't some QB down in carolina have a terriffic start to their career? i don't recall that being a big of a story.

i dunno...i guess i just don't care and this kid. congrads on having a nice run of games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... smartbrief

Great story. Just roll with it for the time being. I can be as cynical as it gets but isn't this what sports is all about?
    Crazy shit here in NY in the city you can't watch the games but in China you can :lol: i live outside the city and i have Fios so i can get all the local sports teams games ...
    81 you said North Carolina :lol: where is that :P
    81 you said North Carolina :lol: where is that :P

exactly....lets cool this story down a litle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited February 2012
    pjhawks wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

1st 5 starts not 1st 5 games. and you know you don't see a 6'1" asian guy lighting up the nba every day.

I know, but most of the players he's topping started in their 1st game. To me it's just a silly stat.

I'm not dismissing what he's doin, b/c he does keep comin up with somethin to keep people into it. Just trying to keep perspective, and I do agree a fairly big part of it comes down to his ethnicity. Don't really see why Floyd Mayweather took so much shit for saying that.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • pjhawks wrote:

Of course I realize that and I'm impressed. But...what does that mean? The guy has had 5 really good games. That's all....now if 10 years from now we look back and he's led the Knicks to multiple titles, gotten MVP awards and done amazing things this run will be all the more historically significant. My bet is people in the future will look at that list and say "Who?" I just think it's out of control as others have said. I mean there was somebody saying the other day the knicks might think about trading Melo...really now...it's idiocy
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    at this rate....we are watching the greatest player in the history of the game....move over MJ
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    this guy is a regular Trevor Bayne
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    81 wrote:
    at this rate....we are watching the greatest player in the history of the game....move over MJ

i know, right? yeah, he's been great (minus the constant turnovers)...but to dedicate this much time to one player & how they've helped their team win a few games in a row? overkill.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    he's like Brock in the octagon
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg