If you sing RATM songs you get this....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6271484886

"Less than three hours later, after "a few beers and a few shots", he left popular Irish pub Waxy's in high spirits and started singing a song from US hard rockers Rage Against the Machine, when he was approached by police officers on patrol.

"The song is called Take the Power Back," Mr Begic told The Courier-Mail.

"I don't know why I was singing it, but it's not even one of their controversial songs and there was no swearing.

"But these police officers came over and asked to look at my driver's licence.

"Then they just cuffed me."
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's bloody ridiculous...

Makes me absolutely livid hearing incidents of police brutality
    "this is Eddie saying I am a rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick"
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Don't really think the RATM song had anything to do with his arrest. Officers probably seeing 'drunk & disorderly conduct'. That does not excuse their actions.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    It was certainly excessive, but I can't help but think there's more to the story. You don't see what happens off camera to make the police arrest him. We're taking this guys word on most of the story. When they're trying to put him in the paddy-wagon he is clearly resisting arrest, something he fails to mention in his story. So I don't find his account all that credible. Several things mentioned in his story either don't happen, or just weren't shown in that video. The punching was certainly unnecessary, but they were probably running out of patience with him, as opposed to just doing it for the hell of it. I think both parties were at fault in this one. Even if this guy was just minding his own business and just singing a song (which I seriously doubt) he was clearly resisting arrest.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • And they wonder why people don't like the authorities. He's lucky this was on video. Sometimes Big Brother ain't so bad...