My newest paintings - accepted into a gallery!!

stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I posted this on the art wall, but there's more traffic on here, so I thought I'd share my latest paintings with you all. They are acrylic on canvas, and HOPEFULLY they will be in an upcoming group exhibition in regional Victoria next month. Have submitted them for consideration, and it looks good so far!

Also, wanted to do a little self promotion :oops: I'm running a little competition on my Facebook art page - you just have to LIKE the page and leave a note on the wall telling me what kind of art you like best and why. Comp will run for 4 weeks and the winner will receive a 12 x 12 inch reduction lino print of yep...a lighthouse!

My facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/giventoart

If you don't have Facebook, and would like to sign up to my mailing list, then email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:giventoart76@gmail.com">giventoart76@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> and write the same info!

Here's my lighthouses....let me know what you think!

lighthouse2.jpg

and

lighthouse1.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    They look great Stardust!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Look nice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Very nice!!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • very cool! Good work.
    Who doesnt love a lighthouse? :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i want the second one for the beautiful sky you painted
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    very cool! I especially like the second one!!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • EXCELLENT!!!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • awesome!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Those are really pretty!! Do you have a fascination with Lighthouses? It looks great!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    And I might add......they look even better in person!!!

You all should be jealous!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Those are very nice - I do like light houses -

I find them mysterious and romantic at the same time. :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalina wrote:
    Those are very nice - I do like light houses -

I find them mysterious and romantic at the same time. :D

Me too I guess! There's just something about them. Thanks everyone for your comments! :) About to start on Lighthouse No.3. It's actually going to be of Split Rock Lighthouse in Minnesota. Hopefully I can do it justice.
  • Oh, and if you'd like to see some of my other prints, visit my online store!

http://giventoart.bigcartel.com/

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • chadwick wrote:
    i want the second one for the beautiful sky you painted

I can always paint one with just the sky! ;):D

I was actually really happy with the way it turned out. I had this image in my head and I used multiple layers of translucent paint and spreader medium to achieve the effect. After I did it, I thought to myself that it was exactly like the image in my head, which impressed me greatly! :D I'm glad other people find it as beautiful.
  • Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! I just found out that my smaller piece (the white lighthouse) has been accepted to be part of a two month exhibition in the Red Rock Regional gallery! I am so excited, this is the first time I will have had work in an exhibition that required a selection process first! Probably not a huge deal to everyone else, but a massive thing to me!!!! So you should all be very happy for me!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • That is really exciting. is the gallery down in geelong? Might have to take a road trip :D
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • That is really exciting. is the gallery down in geelong? Might have to take a road trip :D

It IS exciting! And nope, it's actually just outside of Colac. Perfectly positioned to get all the traffic from the day trippers coming back the inland way from the Great Ocean Road. 520 Corangamite Lake Road, Cororooke

And yes, you should tell everyone you know to have a day trip! ;):mrgreen:
  • I have a good friend who lives in Colac, will send him over for sure
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! I just found out that my smaller piece (the white lighthouse) has been accepted to be part of a two month exhibition in the Red Rock Regional gallery! I am so excited, this is the first time I will have had work in an exhibition that required a selection process first! Probably not a huge deal to everyone else, but a massive thing to me!!!! So you should all be very happy for me!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Congratulations!!! Deservedly so :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Wow, congratulations! I love the owl collage :D
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! I just found out that my smaller piece (the white lighthouse) has been accepted to be part of a two month exhibition in the Red Rock Regional gallery! I am so excited, this is the first time I will have had work in an exhibition that required a selection process first! Probably not a huge deal to everyone else, but a massive thing to me!!!! So you should all be very happy for me!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations and nice job! You should paint some of the lighthouses in New England.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Woaw that 2nd one is brill
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I love your work. Congrats on the process!!! I love the New Wave 1 and the Owl one. LOVE THEM!!!

Congratulations and nice job! You should paint some of the lighthouses in New England.

Actually I have a book (well, it's my Dad's book!) of lighthouses of the world, and there's quite a few from New England in there that I have my eye on painting.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Those are very beautiful!!!