funny: Kindergarten girl refuses to color Kansas Jayhawk.

pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
love this story. girl in kindergarten refuses to color picture of kansas jayhawk because her parents are kansas state fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 22025.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a kid has to stand up for what is right.....seh is no fraud
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Love this story, thanks!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    bump - posted this story late yesterday. i find it very amusing
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    That made me smile. What a head strong little girl. :mrgreen:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    i thought this was hilarious....and i'm a huge KU fan. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I have a hard time believing this story. It sounds contrived, likely by the mother for her blog. I can't see a kindergartner caring about silly college rivalries, and if she does it's because her parents planted it in her head.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I have a hard time believing this story. It sounds contrived, likely by the mother for her blog. I can't see a kindergartner caring about silly college rivalries, and if she does it's because her parents planted it in her head.

I disagree... granted, her college intelligence has been planted in her head, but kids that age can be very stubborn at times. I have a four year old, and he resist certain things to the point that it's funny, often with logic that only makes sense to him lol.

Good on the mother in this story though... She apparently didn't make excuses or try to get her kid out of doing an assignment. She handled it very well.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My mind must is different because to me it's sad. It's sad because the child has been taught to hate the other team so much. It doesn't seem funny to me. :(

How is this any different from teaching a child to hate another group of people because they are "not our kind?"

Maybe I'm just too serious? :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    justam wrote:
    My mind must is different because to me it's sad. It's sad because the child has been taught to hate the other team so much. It doesn't seem funny to me. :(

How is this any different from teaching a child to hate another group of people because they are "not our kind?"

yup...too serious.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I have a hard time believing this story. It sounds contrived, likely by the mother for her blog. I can't see a kindergartner caring about silly college rivalries, and if she does it's because her parents planted it in her head.

I had the same thought.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    81 wrote:
    justam wrote:

yup...too serious.

See, I suspected as much! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&