Options

Insignificance

Had the 'pod on PJ shuffle today and this came up for the first time in about a million years and just...wow. For some reason I'm just rendered speechless today with this song. Just brilliant all around.
05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It's weird how that happens sometimes. You hear a song out of the blue and it just seems to be better than you remember or more appealing to you for whatever reason. I had that same experience with Immortality recently, I can't seem to hear it enough.
    B Robinette
  • Options
    It's weird how that happens sometimes. You hear a song out of the blue and it just seems to be better than you remember or more appealing to you for whatever reason. I had that same experience with Immortality recently, I can't seem to hear it enough.

I love that feeling because I can't tell you how many times it had played prior to today but something in the song caught my ears and I've had it on repeat ever since. Immortality is a great one to get stuck on as well.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    That happened to me with Cropduster a few days ago.
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    RehabDoll wrote:

Nice. That's one I haven't heard on the PJ reel in a long time too.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    Had the 'pod on PJ shuffle today and this came up for the first time in about a million years and just...wow. For some reason I'm just rendered speechless today with this song. Just brilliant all around.

Woah crazy! Same thing with the same song happened on Monday. Now i'v had it stuck in my head for the past week...not saying thats a bad thing though :D
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,467
    This is the beauty of the ipod and its shuffle ability. When we put on a cd or album we have preconcieved notions about what we know we are going to hear and we subconciously gear up for those songs which influences how we hear them when they come on. When a song comes on out of the blue it can be like listening to it for the first time, especially if it is the first time you are hearing it out of rotation and out of context of the cd or album you have always heard it on. The song habit hit me like a ton of bricks one day in the garage when it came on. Never appreciated the song until then.
  • Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    This is the beauty of the ipod and its shuffle ability. When we put on a cd or album we have preconcieved notions about what we know we are going to hear and we subconciously gear up for those songs which influences how we hear them when they come on. When a song comes on out of the blue it can be like listening to it for the first time, especially if it is the first time you are hearing it out of rotation and out of context of the cd or album you have always heard it on. The song habit hit me like a ton of bricks one day in the garage when it came on. Never appreciated the song until then.

I love putting my ipod on "Pearl Jam shuffle" because it's literally 600 songs long. So every, single day I find a "new" song that I haven't heard in what seems forever.

And then I fall in love with Pearl Jam all over again...sigh. I love music.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    RehabDoll wrote:

Me too :D !
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    After hearing some live versions of Insignificance lately (Santiago 2005, among others), I have gained an appreciation for this song that I never had before. Now, I can't seem to stop listening to it! I see that I am not the only one who has had this experience! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Insignificance and present tense are my two fav songs.

The middle jam then the bombs dropping down into the upbeat outro I love! Really like how you can hear all three guitars wailing away too with different melodies plus the drums are a work of art. I love seeing this at shows and a lot of people are like ???
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I really like the bridge/solo part after the in-sig-nif-ic-ance...
    Some really awesome melodies and different sounds in there. 8-)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    davidronndavidronn Posts: 26

And then I fall in love with Pearl Jam all over again...sigh. I love music.
    [/quote]

This.