Options

sports illustrated swimsuit issue out today

13»

Comments

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    This will not go over well.

This latest edition is a travesty. All women are beautiful and should not be judged based on certain criteria society decides is how to judge them. That being said, don't put this in front of me and try and sell it as ok. If I wanted to see a lot of what is in this years magazine I would go to a regular beach. If a strip club tried this they will go out of business quickly. No woman I know buys the swimsuit edition to actually look at swimsuits. Men buy it for spank bank material. Trump needs to do something good for the country and ban this years edition and insist it be removed from the shelves to prove a point. He likes executive orders and this would be one I would stand behind.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I understand the adverts from plus size companies showing their swimsuits but am puzzled as to why they would have these advertisements in this issue. Are there many women who read this? Do they think that guys are looking at Kate Upton and Hannah Jeter and then see a Lane Bryant add that is frigging shocking by comparison and go "Hey, Honey, look? A swimsuit that they claim makes you look like you will fit in the pages of SI's Swimsuit Edition!"

I don't get the very large swimsuit model. (I'm being serious) Very large. Do they put one in out of the 30 shown for men who like bigger women? Is this an apology for the many years of accusations about this sort of issue causing eating disorders and that sort of thing?

Why dont they approach me and ask me to be a hair model? Maybe because I have barely any hair?

I fully accept if they were to say that this model's inclusion is for readers who enjoy the sign of big women in small swimsuits. If it is a PC move I think it is laaaaaame.
    (Said in my best mock Trump voice)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

I understand the adverts from plus size companies showing their swimsuits but am puzzled as to why they would have these advertisements in this issue. Are there many women who read this? Do they think that guys are looking at Kate Upton and Hannah Jeter and then see a Lane Bryant add that is frigging shocking by comparison and go "Hey, Honey, look? A swimsuit that they claim makes you look like you will fit in the pages of SI's Swimsuit Edition!"

I don't get the very large swimsuit model. (I'm being serious) Very large. Do they put one in out of the 30 shown for men who like bigger women? Is this an apology for the many years of accusations about this sort of issue causing eating disorders and that sort of thing?

Why dont they approach me and ask me to be a hair model? Maybe because I have barely any hair?

I fully accept if they were to say that this model's inclusion is for readers who enjoy the sign of big women in small swimsuits. If it is a PC move I think it is laaaaaame.

Further proof the world just isn't all about F Me.

Sad!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Um.. there are guys that truly truly like big girls. Period. ( big lives matter man!) My guess is.. this issue was for those guys.. and yes women read the SI of SI.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643

Further proof the world just isn't all about F Me.

Sad!
    Hi Often! :)
  • Options

Um.. there are guys that truly truly like big girls. Period. ( big lives matter man!) My guess is.. this issue was for those guys.. and yes women read the SI of SI.

Yep, I know one very well.
    To be straight, this was just a few pics...most of the models shown are what you have come to expect after 50+ years of the SI Swimsuit Issue.
  • Options

To be straight, this was just a few pics...most of the models shown are what you have come to expect after 50+ years of the SI Swimsuit Issue.
    These are considered big girls? The only big things I see on the cover are eyelashes.

• Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    edited February 2017
    Ok, this is probably going to cause me some major backlash, but what else is new?

I hate to say it, but I do agree on some of the things Ani and F me said (mostly Ani because he said it nicer).
    F me, yes. I do think this is to make up for the years of having twigs on there with figures that were absolutely unattainable by average girls, causing eating disorders and low self esteem.
    But I do agree that this is going too far. I mean, I was disgusted to hear that Kate Upton is considered a "full-figure" model. That's just bullshit. There's nothing full-figured about that girl except her rack. But she has a great, healthy body and that's the type that should be on the cover and in the rest of the pics. The girl you're referring to isn't fat. She's the size of most women in America, I would think (picturing her with clothes on). But I don't think she should be in the swimsuit edition of SI. I think as a society, we've gotten way too pc. And my worry is that the pendulum will swing the other way and everyone will just stop caring and trying because everything is acceptable now (except my posts, lol). And why should they try if everyone else has been taught to tiptoe around them. The standard should be higher.
    First rule...know your audience! This issue is mostly for men and they should see the "ideal" in it.

Ok, go ahead....start the bashing. :fearful::smiley:

Edit: I forgot a word. Oops.
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I think the last Swimsuit Issue I looked at had Heidi Klum on the cover.
  • Options

These are considered big girls? The only big things I see on the cover are eyelashes.

This actually made me laugh! ( being serious.. )
  • Options

Ok, this is probably going to cause me some major backlash, but what else is new?

I hate to say it, but I do agree on some of the things Ani and F me said (mostly Ani because he said it nicer).
    F me, yes. I do think this is to make up for the years of having twigs on there with figures that were absolutely unattainable by average girls, causing eating disorders and low self esteem.
    But I do agree that this is going too far. I mean, I was disgusted to hear that Kate Upton is considered a "full-figure" model. That's just bullshit. There's nothing full-figured about that girl except her rack. But she has a great, healthy body and that's the type that should be on the cover and in the rest of the pics. The girl you're referring to isn't fat. She's the size of most women in America, I would think (picturing her with clothes on). But I don't think she should be in the swimsuit edition of SI. I think as a society, we've gotten way too pc. And my worry is that the pendulum will swing the other way and everyone will just stop caring and trying because everything is acceptable now (except my posts, lol). And why should they try if everyone else has been taught to tiptoe around them. The standard should be higher.
    First rule...know your audience! This issue is mostly for men and they should see the "ideal" in it.

Ok, go ahead....start the bashing. :fearful::smiley:

Edit: I forgot a word. Oops.

You are very right. There is TOTALLY such a thing as being too PC.. it's ridiculous to go tip-toe around, attempting to not hurt a single feeling.. fling the feels man.. feel em' and move on.. in other words.. hot your feeling hurt?? Get over it.. now blatantly disrespecting someone.. like gay bashing etc.. wrong.. but to try to accommodate every single sensitivity in life is stupid, and pointless.. a very winded post to say I agree.. lol
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I did get a laugh reading all the old posts on this thread. Kept reading the 2012 cover model being referred to as a bigger girl and whatnot. Had to look up who it was to see it was Kate Upton who graced the cover in 2012. There's only one (well, two) things on that girl that are big. The rest of her looks like any other runway model. What some people think is big(ger) really baffles me.