Options

2 out of 3 Cornell Florida Dates conflict with Vedder shows.

stevedsteved Posts: 651
edited February 2012 in The Porch
I just got off of the phone with the Fillmore Miami Beach and they confirmed the Cornell Rescheduled date is May 16th. The same day as Eddie is in Orlando. The Hard Rock Orlando also confirmed The Cornell Orlando show is the 13th of May the date of Eddie's first Ft.Lauderdale show.

Though it may be awesome to see them potentially perform together when they are in close proximity to each other in Clearwater and Tampa on the 12th and 13th, it is frustrating that some people may have tickets to any of these Cornell shows for over 6 months and now have tickets to to these Vedder shows and can't go to one or the other. They would have to know they have a similar fan base who many would be willing to travel the 3 hour distance.

Venue and Chris were both available on the 15th when Eddie has no Show! At least that could have helped out one of the conflicts.

To clarify:

May 13th Eddie FTL / Chris Orlando (only 3 hours drive)
May 16th Eddie Orlando / Chris Miami ( only 3 - 1/2 hours drive)
1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I wouldn't count on them singing together in Clearwater. I think Ed probably has to travel to Ft. L on Saturday.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    I'm less concerned with them singing together at this point, as I am pissed off at Chris for scheduling these particular dates after all of these months. He has to know his fans are Eddie fans! C'mon man, I love Chris but this is an obvious conflict in my opinion his camp should have recognized.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    you are not alone...
    steved wrote:
    I'm less concerned with them singing together at this point, as I am pissed off at Chris for scheduling these particular dates after all of these months. He has to know his fans are Eddie fans! C'mon man, I love Chris but this is an obvious conflict in my opinion his camp should have recognized.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Really? They're supposed to take into account people that would rather see another performer?
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    That really sucks, I have tickets for the Miami Cornell show and The Eddie Orlando show. Lame.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Really? They're supposed to take into account people that would rather see another performer?

It's a bit of a pussy move. Sometimes, you just gotta hulk up and make a decision. It's like when CBS has a big event on primetime TV and FOX, NBC, and ABC all schedule repeat programming. Sometimes, you just gotta hulk up and decide what to watch.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    sherm wrote:
    That really sucks, I have tickets for the Miami Cornell show and The Eddie Orlando show. Lame.
    Me too :roll:

This sucks. I wanted to see CC :cry:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    sherm wrote:

Luckily i am going to night 1 in Jacksonville and night 1 in Ft Lauderdale too. I may go see Cornell, not sure. Probably wont be able to decide that one til the day comes.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    What I don't understand is why two of rock's greatest vocalists, with similar fanbases, touring the same region at the same time, with minimalistic set-ups and thus low overhead, are not co-billed on tour together. Each play one short set, then in an orgasm of voices, the two play a set together, ending on an orgasmic rendition of Arc with both of them singing. :o
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    sherm wrote:

Booooooooo me too. I guess I will grab a ticket to his Tampa show as I am going to both of Ed's Clearwater shows. Sux tho.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    DewieCox wrote:

well that all depends on the magnitude of the performer...

for example Flogging Molly is playing here in Houston at the HOB on March 3rd... Radiohead is playing at the Toyota Center on March 3rd... the 2 venues are literally a stone's throw from each other (if you're a MLB player anyway)...

While I would like to see Flogging Molly, there is not a chance I'm going to miss Radiohead... so guess who loses out and winds up with a very poorly attended show?

In situations like this, promoters/booking agents should be paying more attention...

luckily for CC and EV neither will hve trouble filling their respective venue, despite the conflict... however it sucks for their fanbase, cause yea, they're pretty much the same fanbase.... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Maybe its a man thing. Chris just trying to see how he stacks up against Eddie. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Except that around here...to the PJ fans... Ed > Chris. :? :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    I wonder which one Matt would choose to attend :lol:
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Except that around here...to the PJ fans... Ed > Chris. :? :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I got tickets for Cornell, I was supposed to go with a few of the most illustrious names in this board, Black Diamond, Guacamolejoe and gogators, also I was supposed to meet with other fans, I supposed I'll meet them at one of Ed's shows for sure. After months of waiting and excitement I'd have to forget about Cornell
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?