Options

ISO - Vinyl Advice - PROBLEM SOLVED.

Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
Hi all,
just a quick question.......
I've been listening to Mad Season Above on CD lately and really enjoying it, and was thinking about adding it to my vinyl collection. I've checked the forums and googled it, but the price/trade range is all over the place.
I just want to get an idea of how much I should expect to pay for a copy in good condition.
Any input would be really appreciated! (and if anyone has one they want to part with, PM me :) )
Cheers!

Edit - Just bought a copy. Looking forward to seeing how it sounds :D Thanks for all the input!
Cheers!
I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I've been waiting to order this one for awhile now but it is still delayed so I haven't yet.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/mad-sea ... l-lp.shtml

I have seen it go for quite a bit. I would love to have this record as well. I bet it sounds great spinning!

For a 1st pressing, I'd GUESS at least 100 dollars US. That is just a guess. I'm no vinyl expert. Like I said, I'd also love to own this. I am holding out on that soundstage reiusse.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    Also watch out for the fake crap, If you go to DISCOG see what company has release it.
    I finally found one for about $100 bucks, its opened and well used cover but the disc's are excellent, if you can wait.... $100 or less, cant wait... $200 to $300. There was a guy on EBAY that wanted $200 but it was sealed!!! That was my fall back if I hadn't found mine.

Now all I need is "TEMPLE OF THE DOG" also has many many fakes, no colored wax, no Europe release!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    You just want everything now, don't you Aussie :lol::lol:
  • Options
    @MattCam420 & DAMON - thanks for the input guys - much appreciated! Hopefully I'll find one at some stage, but patience isn't a virtue I possess ;) I'm definitely on the lookout for TOTD too, but one at a time :roll:
    @Suziemay - C'mon Su May...... No one can have EVERYTHING!!!! That's just ridiculous!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    edited February 2012
    my mad seasons is made in Holland and the songs are not in the same order as the original. is it a fake?
    It also has Mad Seasons etched out on the back of the 4th side
    kinda like my alice in chains jar of flies and sap combo
    Post edited by jopetto75 on
    until next time......
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hmmmm......... :crazy:
    Post edited by Aussie357 on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Post edited by Aussie357 on
  • Options
    In case you're not aware, there's also supposed to be a MOV reissue but it seems to continue to be delayed. I'm finally contemplating asking for my money back... :cry:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    In case you're not aware, there's also supposed to be a MOV reissue but it seems to continue to be delayed. I'm finally contemplating asking for my money back... :cry:

I guess that has been in the works for a while now...... Doesn't look like it'll happen any time soon from what I've read :roll:
    Time for a refund Su May - more $$$ to spend on posters :thumbup: :lol:
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,052
    I just bought a great N/M copy of Mad Season Above at Discogs for $95 shipped.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I guess that has been in the works for a while now...... Doesn't look like it'll happen any time soon from what I've read :roll:
    Time for a refund Su May - more $$$ to spend on posters :thumbup: :lol:
    Actually, that's my savings plan :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Discogs has one sealed for $190(canada) and open for $140(Greece). I think there's a sealed one on the bay as well.

Good luck! :thumbup: