Options

did PJ change camera rules or were securtity fucking with me?

sultryeveningsultryevening Posts: 522
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I was told i couldnt bring my small compact non digital camera into the 01/06 E rutherford show.
I told the securtity PJ.com had quite clearly stated that this was ok.She told they had changed their policy and no cameras were allowed.

I was then put in a queue to check it in with the bags!

as it happened I snuck out of the queue as the bags were left lying on the floor and there was no way my camera was getting getting left there,

but im curious did any get this or were they just fucking with us?

because Once I got in I saw loads of cameras?
Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Same thing happened to me...I had a small digital camera and they said I couldn't bring it in. Meanwhile I saw a few people having them.

I argued with the security guard saying that it says I'm alowed to have a camera as long as its not a video camera and they still said no.

Thats why I fuckin hate the Meadowlands
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    yeah-they said youve got to put it back in the car- i said I came on the bus so luckily i was allowed in but told to check it in-

if the bag check in hadnt been such a clusterfuck theres no way id have managed to slip away and put it back in my pocket,
    but this check in was just a desk and peoples belongings were just being out on the floor- theres no way a camera would have survived

cheeky fuckers!

anyway- it was my first show so really it was a small thing compared to how amazing the night was!
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    They had to be messing with you. I have not had any issues bringing in my small digital camera since Montreal 05. At the Meadowlands I didn't even get a pat down(I am female). I thought the guy would have directed me to the female security one line over, but no.
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    The security at East Rutherford was 100% not aware of Pearl Jams policies- they were not trained. I got questioned about my camera as well, so I told them what PJ's policy was, and asked to speak to a supervisor. The lady asked one of the other guards inside who told her it was fine.
  • Options
    yeah but they were bullshtiing me

they told me theyd been told Pearl Jam had changed their mind and were not allowing cameras at all!

thats rubbish!
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I received a major pat down both nights at Jersey. Both nights I had my camera in my front pocket. They (security) grabbed at it a couple of times and let me go in without even a question on both nights! Sounds like they were being a typical concert security guard. My only regret was not knowing the camera policy earlier in the tour. I would have loved to have taken quality pics at Irving Plaza instead of the utter shit that came out with my disposable!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    I had my camera right in my hand both nights and no one said a single thing to me.
  • Options
    not pj , the venue generally does not allow cameras , and security is very rarely briefed before any show concerning the particular bands wishes or latitude on recording
    hold my hand , walk beside me.....

boston 92 lollapalooza (wow!)
    boston 98 #2
    boston 00 both shows
    boston 06 #2 (omfg)
  • Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I had my camera right in my hand both nights and no one said a single thing to me.

Same here..just walked right in with it in my hand...no questions asked...
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options

thats the best way to do it...they never look at what your holding.....i thought it was odd that they patted us down at 2 pm when i went in to get my 10c tickets...was i gonna shoot the lady behind the window?
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    i thought it was odd that they patted us down at 2 pm when i went in to get my 10c tickets...was i gonna shoot the lady behind the window?

Guess it depends on where your seats were!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    not pj , the venue generally does not allow cameras , and security is very rarely briefed before any show concerning the particular bands wishes or latitude on recording

bummer from every angle. they should be told beforehand. on every ticket master ticket i ever had, across the top, no cameras, no video, yada yada. that's not always the case.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    Anyway the 10C could make sure that security is briefed and DOES THEIR JOB?!

I'll email them and tell them this has been happening. Maybe something will be done.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT