Options

**Jamily/Ten Club/Strangers Fanview**

IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I really tried to write my reviews, starting with the Detroit show…but I could not manage to get it to “feel” the exact way I wanted it to.

But, asides from the GREAT shows Pearl Jam put on, I want to thank my fellow PJ fans and Ten Club for all of their efforts to make my shows INCREDIBLE! It just wouldn’t have been the same without all of you involved.

That also goes for my ASL interpreters at Grand Rapids and Detroit. It was weird that I already knew who Luke (the 2nd interpreter) was – I never told him the whole story, but when I saw him and asked him if he knew how I remembered him – he was ALWAYS late!!! He didn’t remember me, but he did reply, “Yeah, that’s me – I’m always late!”

Well, the whole story is that he was the very last interpreter I had on my last job – because he was late and left a bad impression on my boss and clients by showing up wayyyy too late. For the remaining 3 years on that job, I was no longer provided interpreters and often left out of meetings or given any extra projects to work on.

It was ironic how he showed up on time for my favorite band and making it up for me! He’s all forgiven. ;)

I want to thank Mel (ACCBootlegGoddess) for interpreting Mike’s interview at the Palace before the pre-set started. You rock, girl! And for small things like helping out with the posters and stuff.

And to Brian and Courtney, a new PJ couple we met at the CCFA pre-party in GR, for taking over my husband Bobby’s place to interpret Laura’s (Foxy mop) announcements on the tickets when he left my side for a while. And also for hanging out with us in the smoking section at both GR and Detroit shows. It was fun!

Thank you, PJ’s security guard, who is a very warm person and let me hug him when he found me at the Cleveland’s check-in and gave me 3 picks that the “band forgot to give me the previous night”. We gave one away to Mel.

He also came to us in the middle of Cleveland show and gave me the “correct” set list, instead of the lousy interpreters. I wonder if he was paying attention to how miserable I was with them! The interpreters were pretty pissed – but too bad. If they had done their PJ homework, they would have had that set list. :p

Thank you, Pinky (Boom’s wife), for coming out and talking to ‘nobodies’ like us and made us feel great. It was such a pleasure meeting you and thank you for the picks and Matt’s drumsticks. You didn’t have to do that! We just wanted to shake your hands! :)

Thank you, GR’s own security guards who were on our side, for having so much fun with us that night! It was really funny watching you looking for picks on the floor to give it to us – as if we needed more. Hahahaha.

Thank you, Kevin (PJ’s cameraman), for not making me feel like an idiot when you gently tried to straighten out the confusion about whom to go on the stage with Eddie and for giving me the set list after the show ended. You rock, Kevin. And umm…make sure you edit my confused face if the tape ever surfaces. Hahaha… that’s one state I never allow my kids to see. They have NEVER seen their mother drunk and I was half-drunk! :D

I so much enjoyed all the company of others – even passing smiling faces, you all rock, too! It was so good to see old friends and meeting new ones!

I am already waiting for the next tour….and planning! I told Bobby this time around, I want the ENTIRE family involved. That’s right – all six of us will go see Pearl Jam!

Hugs to everyone!!!
JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
EV: It's your band.
~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII