Damn Drippy Starbucks Cups!

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Why do I always get the drippy cups? I don't get it, the lid is on but somehow it still drips. :x
Drips in my new car, drips on my pants...damn you drippy cup!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Operator error?

Sippy cup?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    Why do I always get the drippy cups? I don't get it, the lid is on but somehow it still drips. :x

go back and complain...you'll get a free drink coupon (any beverage, any size)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I feel your pain, man. So annoying.

Everytime I dont tip the baristas at my Starbucks, they dont give my one of those cardboard coozie things and I get a third degree burn. Curse 'em all!
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    81 wrote:
    Operator error?

Sippy cup?

:D Loan him one
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    For $4.50 a pop, the sippy cup feature should be built in! :D
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Lawsuit.
    EvieVedder wrote:
    I feel your pain, man. So annoying.

Everytime I dont tip the baristas at my Starbucks, they dont give my one of those cardboard coozie things and I get a third degree burn. Curse 'em all!

you need to get a re-useable one that rocks...

388486_2777483158150_1290266637_33169850_1734543932_a.jpg

;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Wait until the characteristic geriatric afflictions that cause leaking in various systems throughout the body begin. Then you will have something significant to complain about.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    F Starbucks
    DS1119 wrote:
    Lawsuit.

jackie.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    And the stock's at an all-time high. There is no God.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Lawsuit.

jackie.jpg

As long as Kramer is kept out of the negotiations everything will go fine. :lol:
  • Its the lid not the cup. They switched suppliers from Solo Lids to some less expensive brand back in 2008 to cut costs. The new lids use less oil in their plastic but don't grip the lip of the cups as well as Solo did.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    Its the lid not the cup. They switched suppliers from Solo Lids to some less expensive brand back in 2008 to cut costs. The new lids use less oil in their plastic but don't grip the lip of the cups as well as Solo did.

...and they still raised the price of their coffee :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Its the lid not the cup. They switched suppliers from Solo Lids to some less expensive brand back in 2008 to cut costs. The new lids use less oil in their plastic but don't grip the lip of the cups as well as Solo did.

Expensive labor...higher milk costs...higher bean costs...higher health care costs. There's only so much costs that can be absorbed. Not to mention all the competition also raised their prices.
    RKCNDY wrote:

Expensive labor...higher milk costs...higher bean costs...higher health care costs. There's only so much costs that can be absorbed. Not to mention all the competition also raised their prices.

I'd rather go to Cafe Ladro than Starbucks any day.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

it's a good thing you live in america. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My water bottle broke IN my lunch bag that was IN my backpack!! Don't talk to me about drippy cups today :x :x :x :x :( :?
    My water bottle broke IN my lunch bag that was IN my backpack!! Don't talk to me about drippy cups today :x :x :x :x :( :?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    My water bottle broke IN my lunch bag that was IN my backpack!! Don't talk to me about drippy cups today :x :x :x :x :( :?

maybe you should get a waterproof lunch bag...

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    EvieVedder wrote:
    I feel your pain, man. So annoying.

you need to get a re-useable one that rocks...

388486_2777483158150_1290266637_33169850_1734543932_a.jpg

;)

Love it! I'm so gonna try that!
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    mca47 wrote:

I'll tell you a secret, which has been discovered after years of research.

If there is ANY liquid at all on the rim of the cup when the lid is placed on it, the seal is breached.

As you take subsequent drinks, sips, swallows and what have you, the area where there is liquid between the rim and lid will eventually leak.

The solution: Before drinking from the cup, remove the lid. Inspect the rim. If there is so much as a drop, dry it with a napkin or paper towel. Then check the inside of the lid. There will usually be condensation, and perhaps additional liquid that has been splashed from the cup. Dry this completely before placing it back on the cup.

Should you have to do this in order to drink from a drip-free cup? No, of course not. Will it prevent dripping until the rest of the world (I'm talking about you, baristas!!) catches on? Yup.
  • oona left wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I'll tell you a secret, which has been discovered after years of research.

If there is ANY liquid at all on the rim of the cup when the lid is placed on it, the seal is breached.

As you take subsequent drinks, sips, swallows and what have you, the area where there is liquid between the rim and lid will eventually leak.

The solution: Before drinking from the cup, remove the lid. Inspect the rim. If there is so much as a drop, dry it with a napkin or paper towel. Then check the inside of the lid. There will usually be condensation, and perhaps additional liquid that has been splashed from the cup. Dry this completely before placing it back on the cup.

Should you have to do this in order to drink from a drip-free cup? No, of course not. Will it prevent dripping until the rest of the world (I'm talking about you, baristas!!) catches on? Yup.
    Are you asking a java junkie to complete a procedure before caffeine is ingested ? :lol:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    F Starbucks
    :!:
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    conman wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    F Starbucks
    +1
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    I read the title and thought of this guy

OlDrippy.jpg

Ol' Drippy
    My butt itches!
  • RKCNDY wrote:

That's the only place I go to pay for anything outside of drip coffee.
  • PJPixie wrote:
    conman wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    F Starbucks
    +1

Why? I don't get it...
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493

Why? I don't get it...
    i don't even drink coffee :lol:
  • conman wrote:

Why? I don't get it...
    i don't even drink coffee :lol:

You can take the conman out of the asshole of america but you can't take the asshole of america out of the conman.