Bin Laden Zombie Film Coming This Summer

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
holy fucking hell

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/bin-laden ... zPPJlwS0n0

A Utah production company announced today that it has shot a movie based on the premise that Osama bin Laden rises from his watery grave and leads an army of zombie terrorists in a violent jihad of the undead.

In the feature-length film, "Osombie: The Axis of Evil Dead," a NATO Special Forces unit races to defeat zombie bin Laden and his flesh-seeking militia, while also stopping the infection from spreading to even more terrorist corpses.

According to the film's executive producer, Kynan Griffin, the script was written before the real al Qaeda leader was killed last May; once that happened, Griffin said, it was "too good to pass up."
"We've just had a lot of fun with it," Griffin said. "We had some great special effects makeup people that had done a lot of Hollywood work. Lots of actions, lots of zombie violence."

Griffin also said that despite the film's unconventional plot, its feedback thus far has been "overwhelmingly positive."

"We have the view that we are not going to please everyone with any film, but with this we know there are a group of people who will love it and those who will not love it," he said.

The low-budget film is being released by Arrowstorm Entertainment, a production company that has previously made fantasy and sci-fi movies. It was filmed entirely in Utah last November and is set to be released sometime this summer.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,791
    At least it's not a sequel or Hollywood redue. :thumbup:

Other than that..... I'll pass
  • I'm game
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll watch it, if it is free. Looks like it is going to be pretty bad...being low budget and shot in Utah.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i'll watch it, if it is free. Looks like it is going to be pretty bad...being low budget and shot in Utah.

This. I'm sure it will be on syfy channel sooner rather than later. But, it is a zombie movie.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Good to know that the production company is searching for legitimate projects to work on.

Hooray, more trash cinema.

The worst part is that you know people are going to eat this shit up, even if it is a B-Movie. It's going to become a cult classic, mark my words.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Good to know that the production company is searching for legitimate projects to work on.

The worst part is that you know people are going to eat this shit up, even if it is a B-Movie. It's going to become a cult classic, mark my words.

:eh:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I guess it could be worse...they could have made a movie about a smoking zombie baby ;)
    edited February 2012
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:eh:

:?:

Perhaps that was harsh... but, I'm just callin' it like I see it. :lol:

They're having fun making it, I guess that's what it's about. I'm just a cynical asshole today. :lol:
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    At least it's not a sequel or Hollywood redue. :thumbup:

Damn, you do have a good point here. Even though it looks bad, it is nice to see an original idea...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    What's next. JFK comes back in a movie about him leading a task force to take out Fidel Castro?
    DS1119 wrote:
    What's next. JFK comes back in a movie about him leading a task force to take out Fidel Castro?

Or Lincoln and JWB coming back for the ultimate and final showdown? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL