Meat. And how you have beaten it..

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So many non-meat eaters responded in my Meat thread, I wonder how you folks have managed to cut this delicious menu item out of your lives?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I had a terrible time myself. But luckily my friend Rosie Palm, and all five of her sisters were there to lend me a hand.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Cold turkey.

I first started using meat substitutes like Boca, Morningstar, and Gardein products (some are very good) and then started making my own burgers from black beans and meat balls from textured veggie protein (among others). Switched cheese to rice cheese and then milk to almond milk. There's a TON of websites out there and it helps to do it with someone as well.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i came to this thread prepared to explain my technique.. yeah, not what i expected
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    conman wrote:
    i came to this thread prepared to explain my technique.. yeah, not what i expected

are you implying there is something misleading about my thread title? because I can change it.. or, you could let us all know what goes down in Conman town...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • just beat it
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Caveeze wrote:
    conman wrote:

are you implying there is something misleading about my thread title? because I can change it.. or, you could let us all know what goes down in Conman town...
    i was prepared to give my secrets on how to properly tenderize a piece of meat... i didn't realize the thread was for vegetarians

:P
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

why would you wanna.....beat meat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

why would you wanna.....beat meat
    People are doing it! I have not been so lucky.. I keep trying to beat meat but I feel I dont have the necessary tools..
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Lots of practice....well that's my excuse anyway. 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Personally, I think you just like silly thread titles. :lol:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    that may be true.. I will not confess either way..

and i love the way you made good use of the word "silly"..

I feel a bit silly most days..
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Caveeze wrote:
    justam wrote:
    that may be true.. I will not confess either way..

and i love the way you made good use of the word "silly"..

I feel a bit silly most days..

:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Lube. For both answers.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    :lol: To many posts here
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    yes
    so often people take a thread totally out of context
    the devils
    :mrgreen:

but seriously
    take a tour of a meat packing plant
    or a chicken plant
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I usually just use a dry rub. Occasionally I marinate in oil but that makes it too messy.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I thought you were asking about tenderising it.

I expected lots of pics of those wooden mallety things.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    voidofman wrote:
    I usually just use a dry rub. Occasionally I marinate in oil but that makes it too messy.

• Caveeze wrote:
    So many non-meat eaters responded in my Meat thread, I wonder how you folks have managed to cut this delicious menu item out of your lives?

Sadly, meat has mostly beaten me. My wife's a vegetarian. I guess its about time it got its revenge after all those years of abuse.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Caveeze wrote:

Sadly, meat has mostly beaten me. My wife's a vegetarian. I guess its about time it got its revenge after all those years of abuse.
    :lol::lol:

You call it vegetarian, I call it jewish.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Caveeze wrote:

:lol::lol:

You call it vegetarian, I call it jewish.

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)