Options

California, here we come!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Do any of you California people know the best place to search for beach house/bungalow rentals? We'd like something on or close to the water. Any help is appreciated!

Are you looking for LA County Beaches or Orange County or Maybe San Diego?

I think Laguna is beautiful, south of LA, closer to San Diego..............but LA BEACHES, that's where all the cool kids (hipsters) hang out. So i guess it depends what atmosphere, near the water, you're looking for.
    Honestly, it doesn't matter. We don't have a particular place in mind. This whole trip was a spontaneous decision, so we have only had a couple days to think about it at all. We've been looking at vacation rental websites, but figured it may be useful to hear something from someone who lives there. We just want something close to the water or with a beautiful view to wake up to each morning :)
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Do any of you California people know the best place to search for beach house/bungalow rentals? We'd like something on or close to the water. Any help is appreciated!

http://www.vrbo.com/

they are rented by the owner, so you don't pay property management company fees.
    I've also had really good luck with just typing in 'rental house in (name of city)'
    Thanks, Lisa! We've actually been looking around at some places on here. Hopefully we can find something!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."