Options

FLAT FILE HELP - POSTER BUFFS HELP!

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
My gf wants to get me a flat file... but I have no idea where to get the best one for the best price. Any ideas? I have 100+ posters and really need one. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Totally depends on how much $ your willing to spend? Flat files can really range in price. If your not worried about the money then kick back and start shopping. For me, price was an issue and spending thousands just was'nt an option. If your in the same position then I would start cruising E-bay and C list and be patient. Keep in mind they are bulky and heavy so you want to look within driving distance. That's how I found mine, now I just need to find some thin poster sleeves. Good luck.. :)
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Check your local Craigs List. I found a nice 5-drawer flat file for $100.

Otherwise, the same one or similar ones go for $500.

Here's a link: http://www.tigersupplies.com/Products/S ... 972LG.aspx
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    *Came in here expecting to see a question about importing a delimited file into a database*
    *Leaves knowing I am a full dork*
    *Still proud*
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Don't feel bad BinFrog. I did the exact same thing.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    BinFrog wrote:
    *Came in here expecting to see a question about importing a delimited file into a database*
    *Still proud*

Are you using SAS? :geek:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Check around town at local enginnering firms and whatnot. I found mine that way.

Also, Portland has a office liquidator that has stuff like that from time to time. Most cities have something similar.

Otherwise, you might get lucky on craigslist.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Better Dan wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    *Still proud*

Are you using SAS? :geek:

I'm a SQL Server dude.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"