The River TV Series

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So, what did everyone think? Is it going to be the new Lost? Great in the first season but then mind numblingly drawn out until the obvious and stupid ending 6 years later? :lol:
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well, in my opinion this didn't even start out good. In fact I changed the channel on it. I have no interest in Paranormal Activity, and I've just about had my fill on the stupid found footage genre, but I decided to check this out anyway just in case. Wish I hadn't.

I thought Lost was good all the way through myself. And what was the obvious conclusion?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I thought Lost was good all the way through myself. And what was the obvious conclusion?

that they were all actually dead. people theorized on that from the very beginning. I didn't think they'd take the easy out like that.

I liked it (or more accurately, I was addicted to it), I just didn't like how they kept dragging us along with their "we'll answer some questions this season, we PROMISE". yeah, they'd answer 2, then pose 17 more.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Well, in my opinion this didn't even start out good. In fact I changed the channel on it. I have no interest in Paranormal Activity, and I've just about had my fill on the stupid found footage genre, but I decided to check this out anyway just in case. Wish I hadn't.

I thought Lost was good all the way through myself. And what was the obvious conclusion?

yeah, when I saw the beginning of it with the shaky cameras and all that, I was like "oh no, not blair witch all over again". But I get really freaked out at horror movies, so I thought I might be able to handle a tv series. the first doll scene made me roll my eyes though.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

that they were all actually dead. people theorized on that from the very beginning. I didn't think they'd take the easy out like that.

I liked it (or more accurately, I was addicted to it), I just didn't like how they kept dragging us along with their "we'll answer some questions this season, we PROMISE". yeah, they'd answer 2, then pose 17 more.

That's not really what happened though. People theorized that they all died in the crash and that the island and all the events were purgatory, which isn't what happened. The only part that happened after they were all dead was the flash-sideways from the last season. All the events happened in reality, and the ones that got off the island really did, and some lived long lives. It wasn't until they had all passed away either by natural causes or whatever, years after the events on the island, that they entered the flash-sideways.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,796

They weren't dead. They just met up after everyone had died. The ones that got out of the island lived out their lives. Someone can explain it better. But they were not dead. And the last shot of the plane at the end was done by ABC and not the producers.
    I miss igotid88
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I forgot this was on last night.

Well, was it good or crappy?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • I saw a promo for it yesterday morning and that was the first I'd heard of it and I thought it seemed like something I might like. Well I was late tuning it in, around 30 minutes in, and after about 3 minutes I said fuck it. Might be a good show, but like somebody else said the Blair Witch thing has pretty much run its course. Also, I don't need to be trying to read damn subtitles on a tv show
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Watched it, but was also playing on the lap-top....so I probably missed some bits....recorded it on the DVR, so I will watch it again....not a huge fan of the "Blair Witch" camera style....I do think that one of the ambient sounds was a species of frog native to the southern U.S., not the Amazon. :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    I saw a promo for it yesterday morning and that was the first I'd heard of it and I thought it seemed like something I might like. Well I was late tuning it in, around 30 minutes in, and after about 3 minutes I said fuck it. Might be a good show, but like somebody else said the Blair Witch thing has pretty much run its course. Also, I don't need to be trying to read damn subtitles on a tv show

The promos actually almost turned me off from even giving it a try, before the show itself actually did. They didn't really make the show look good to me. Especially when they started doing the those tired ass hidden nightvision camera commercials showing a bunch of people jumping and screaming in a movie theater while watching the show. I guess it makes sense, since the Paranormal Activity people are involved with this show and they have run those commercials into the ground, but I've always found those kind of lame.
  • igotid88 wrote:

They weren't dead. They just met up after everyone had died. The ones that got out of the island lived out their lives. Someone can explain it better. But they were not dead. And the last shot of the plane at the end was done by ABC and not the producers.

I guess i'm remembering it wrong. And I didn't see the end plane shot. I heard about it later, but I think being in Canada it wasn't shown.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014