Denis Leary

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Whats everyones take on him.

I tend to not like him just because he's so serious. I dont get that. he's a comedian. would think smiling and laughing are part of the job description, no?

And of course his major non comedic role, was Rescue Me and its not like that balanced humor and drama either, thats a post 9/11 fire fighter and his crew, so he's not going to be cracking a smile either!

Its can be done, to deal in serious issues and still smile and have fun. Margaret Cho and Dave Chappelle are adept at it. hell even Carlin did it. I realize Leary isnt the same type of comedian as those 3 but still...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Denis Leary is very funny.

There's alot of comedians that you don't see laughing and smiling alot.

I can't say that I know what Carlin's laughter sounds like....he didn't smile too much. Or Wright, or Hedberg, or Leary

I don't know. Maybe this will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVoQfoU0dQ
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    One of the best.
  • I love Rescue Me and I thought it was pretty funny too. Albeit it did have some rather dramatic issues, those issues could be pretty funny.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Whats everyones take on him.

I tend to not like him just because he's so serious. I dont get that. he's a comedian. would think smiling and laughing are part of the job description, no?

And of course his major non comedic role, was Rescue Me and its not like that balanced humor and drama either, thats a post 9/11 fire fighter and his crew, so he's not going to be cracking a smile either!

Its can be done, to deal in serious issues and still smile and have fun. Margaret Cho and Dave Chappelle are adept at it. hell even Carlin did it. I realize Leary isnt the same type of comedian as those 3 but still...
    Comparing Cho and Leary is like comparing something like yarn to something like string. both boring as comedians and nothing remarkable.. And bringing those two up in the same conversation with Carlin or even Chappelle is laughable.. especially Carlin.. That man was a genius and a game changer.. Shame on you :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    He's an asshole, A-S-S-H-O-L-E, come on everybody ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I like Denis Leary. Rescue Me was a great show and the actors that were in that show with him were hilarious. Would conisder it a drama/comedy. his stand up is pretty good too but I agree that guys like Carlin and Chappelle are better.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    He's an asshole, A-S-S-H-O-L-E, come on everybody ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Damn you, scrolling down I thought I'd have a chance to use this :lol:

Leary....very funny
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Love the No Cure For Cancer show. His bits about smoking and meat eating are awesome. And the bit about NyQuil. LMFAO

Or this one "We tried to be nice to you non-smokers. We fucking tried. OK? You wanted your own sections in the restaurants. We gave you that, huh. But that wasn't enough for you. Then you wanted the airplanes. We gave you the whole godamn plane! You happy now? I will guarantee you if the plane is going down, the first announcement you're gonna hear is: "Folks, this is your Captain speaking. Look, uhm, light 'em up, 'cause we're going down, okay. I got a carton of Camel non-filters, I'll see you on the ground."
    #FHP
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I don't like him at all,he is to aggressive and he steals entire skits from better people.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Love Denis Leary. He's funny has a lot of heart and helps a shit load of people.

Rescue Me was one of the best shows on TV, I'm sorry it's over.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    "Pronounce your name the way it's spelled!"

I love Denis Leary. My brother brother and I used to watch "No Cure for Cancer" ridiculously often.

The guy calls it like he sees it, and I like that.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,213
    Classic clip of Leary and Greg Giraldo going at it on Tough Crowd. The fun starts at 3:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymltNm4p2VY
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjl44 wrote:
    Classic clip of Leary and Greg Giraldo going at it on Tough Crowd. The fun starts at 3:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymltNm4p2VY

Leary was pissed there. :lol: