robbery/down

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
good evening. we find ourselves here reading some stuff on the pearl jam message board. nice place. good company here, a great group. some of the best people in many of our lives, for real and stuff.

hurt. i hurt today. started hurting lastnight. someone or several someones broke into my little apartment in little town iowa and they went through all of my stuff kinda and they took something of significance. this item is a spiritual piece of artwork i stumbled upon in the moab desert in utah near the hole in the rock. it is a indian piece pipe i picked up at some shop out there. handmade by a local artist. deer horn as the bowl. oval wooden pipe. deer leather with beads, colorful sewing up and down the length of the pipe.

i am devistated inside and feel smaller than ever now. i feel violated and slapped about, bullied. i am finding that i am questioning my appearance and the way i keep house, do i come off as a victim, a target?

a few of us think it was the neighbor kids. another gentleman in the apartment building had his place broken into as well. someone took his percocets.

all the drawers in my dresser and desk were opened a good crack. my bedroom window...get this,,,,slanted off to one side and halfassed locked up

wind and rain comin thru and loud...im like we are in for a storm...i get to lookin
see the window in the framce all stupid and not how i run my windows.

i open the fucker.... the entire screen and screen frame.... gone.
flashlight, i go outside and look athe window
you can see tool marks on the window frame
no screen anywhere

they have my special love of this earth with them
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I had that "violated" feeling even from just having my car broken in, so I can imagine what you are going through.

It will get better with time, this is just brand new.

With house robberies, I believe that robbers-to-be moniter the comings and goings of their potential victims.....so I think a reliable schedule makes a person more of that type of vicitim vs. appearances, etc.

maybe the peace pipe will find its way back to you, but I doubt that anybody actually made off with your love of the earth.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Rollings wrote:
    I had that "violated" feeling even from just having my car broken in, so I can imagine what you are going through.

It will get better with time, this is just brand new.

With house robberies, I believe that robbers-to-be moniter the comings and goings of their potential victims.....so I think a reliable schedule makes a person more of that type of vicitim vs. appearances, etc.

maybe the peace pipe will find its way back to you, but I doubt that anybody actually made off with your love of the earth.
    thank you, rolling around down the street

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Sorry that this happened to you Chadwick :( I hope that your pipe turns up for you eventually.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Sorry man...thieves suck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    So sorry Chad....that's fucked. :( It sucks so much when you lose things you really love. My grandma and grandad on my dad's side have both passed away. Grandad had this ashtray shaped like a big pipe that I always thought was really cool and my dad gave it to me a few years ago. Then my grandma got really sick in 2004 and I'd go smoke cigarettes with her when she went to respite home because I was the only grandkid that smoked. She loved it. Well, she died in 2005 and I saved some of her cigarette butts that we'd smoked together and put them in my grandad's pipe ashtray....just a little thing I had that reminded me of the both of them.

Well, we moved house a year ago and my mother-in-law was helping us pack our shit. A lot of our stuff was in boxes for 6 months. I was finally unpacking my boxes 6 months ago and pulled out my pipe ashtray....and realised the cigarette butts were gone. My mother-in-law obviously thought they were just butts and threw them away when she helped pack. :|

I know it's just a little something that means nothing....but I really miss those cigarette butts. My dad even said about 3 weeks ago "so glad you've got mum's cigarette butts"....then I told him. :( :|

Makes me motherfucking angry in all honesty. It's not my mother-in-law's fault....at all....but still feel a bit of anger towards her because of it. :x I am sure you are feeling a million times more anger towards those little fucks.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    fuckin thieves.. :x

i have far too much experience with them... as rollings said, it gets better with time

good luck getting your pipe back
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I am sad to hear this.I had my car broken into once and that was bad but I can't imagine the violation of your house and precious things taken.

I hope your pipe makes it's way back to you and that you are ok.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    So sorry Chad....that's fucked. :( It sucks so much when you lose things you really love. My grandma and grandad on my dad's side have both passed away. Grandad had this ashtray shaped like a big pipe that I always thought was really cool and my dad gave it to me a few years ago. Then my grandma got really sick in 2004 and I'd go smoke cigarettes with her when she went to respite home because I was the only grandkid that smoked. She loved it. Well, she died in 2005 and I saved some of her cigarette butts that we'd smoked together and put them in my grandad's pipe ashtray....just a little thing I had that reminded me of the both of them.

Well, we moved house a year ago and my mother-in-law was helping us pack our shit. A lot of our stuff was in boxes for 6 months. I was finally unpacking my boxes 6 months ago and pulled out my pipe ashtray....and realised the cigarette butts were gone. My mother-in-law obviously thought they were just butts and threw them away when she helped pack. :|

I know it's just a little something that means nothing....but I really miss those cigarette butts. My dad even said about 3 weeks ago "so glad you've got mum's cigarette butts"....then I told him. :( :|

Makes me motherfucking angry in all honesty. It's not my mother-in-law's fault....at all....but still feel a bit of anger towards her because of it. :x I am sure you are feeling a million times more anger towards those little fucks.

this is beautiful, ziggy. thank you for sharing that with us. i like your story. and no i am not feeling anger towards them. i am lost and confused
    violated and abused
    i am sad
    they not know what they have (done)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Sorry chad. :(

Thieving is a disgraceful and dishonorable thing to do.

I recently had my car broken into. No damage, but they got in somehow and stole my sunglasses. Not my stereo, not my CD's, not even anything from the trunk.

Pales in comparison to your situation because you lost something special to you, but I can feel your pain about being robbed. Hope it turns up for you and I hope you start feeling better man.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,703
    Oh Chadwick, what a bummer. It really is painful to be robbed by thieves, especially when something meaningful is take. My home was robbed when I was a kid. They took money, my watch, a few other valuables but what hurt worst was that they took some of my Mom's old, old family photos. We'll never know what they wanted with them. I remember my Mom just cried and cried.

I really hope your sacred pipe is returned. Maybe the thief will have second thoughts. Hang in there my friend, we're all behind you on this.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I too know what it feels like to have some little shit ransack through personal things, when I still lived at home we were burgled twice, it is such a horrible feeling. Big hugs to you.

Karma is a bitch - those little shits will get whats coming to them!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    thank you, everyone

i don't know

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    tinkerbell wrote:

Exactly. What goes around certainly does come around.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    dcfaithful wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

Agree,I totally believe in Karma coming and biting people on the arse for the wrong they have did
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Sorry to read about this Chad. Karma will catch up with those little ass hats
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    dcfaithful wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Karma is a bitch

perhaps it has...partially
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Sorry hear they took your piece..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"