Don't fall asleep laughing

voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
This is sort of a long story so as a side note to start off, my wife can fall asleep while she is talking to me (in bed). It's really weird because we'll be having a conversation and then silence.

Last night my wife woke up laughing because I let out a long burp. I didn't think it was that funny but laughed anyways because it was kind of funny that she got woken up because of a burp. She's laughing and then silence. I looked over and her mouth is open like she is in the middle of a laugh and just froze, I asked her, "are you asleep?" (She usually wakes up when I ask, she didn't wake up). So I tapped her shoulder and she gasps for air and then keeps laughing, and then falls asleep again! I'm thinking, "oh wow, she's going die in her sleep because she can't stop laughing and falling asleep." So the third time I'm tapping her chest and telling her to wake up, not, hey wake up, "wake up!!" She wakes up laughing hysterically and crying and snorting. I told her to stay awake. We're laughing for a few minutes until she can compose herself and tell me why she was laughing so hard.

She had a dream that I was meeting with some woman I used to talk with online, apparently she had called me and my wife had the phone and didn't answer, I got mad at her for not answering. She got mad at me for even having her number in my phone. She also didn't remember what the woman's name and said something like, "tell me the bitch's name!!" And that was when I burped, she heard that in her dream and woke up laughing. She said when she fell back asleep she was still in the dream and couldn't breathe, she felt like her whole body was convulsing trying to get some air but on the outside she looked normal to me.

Cliff notes: Don't fall asleep laughing, you will die because you can't breath.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I have woke up laughing and crying,depending on the dream.Weird sensation.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    She got mad at me because of her dream and kept laughing about that too. :lol:
    Warning bump :lol:
  • Weird. Sounds like something that would happen to Costanza.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    :lol::lol: that's bizarre! I used to sleep walk 2 landings down our garden and jump on my trampoline or wake up Mum and demand to rebrush my teeth. Mum was terrified. :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    :lol::lol:

The thought of her lying there mouth open in mid laughter, but frozen asleep is hilarious.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

The thought of her lying there mouth open in mid laughter, but frozen asleep is hilarious.

Oh yeah I remember that the most. :lol: I thought it was weird that she wasn't breathing heavy like she usually does when she sleeps. Pretty much why I had to wake her up, twice!!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol: I can picture it :lol:
    all you need is love, love is all you need