Posing question of..

SweetChildofMineSweetChildofMine Posts: 842
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Since we are getting near Valentine's Day, I would like people's opinion of

♥ What is Love? ♥
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    With respect to brain chemistry, being "in love" is an addiction.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • "You say will teach me everything you know and I add .... vice versa."

I would have to laugh partly "brain" chemistry. Would say an addiction to "each other?" (which is a bit morbid for me)

I have to laugh.

Nobody wanna touch this topic? ;)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Acceptance of who the person is that you love,without exception.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    stargirl69 wrote:

What if you love somebody and they do something horrible to you? Where does the love go? If you marry someone and something happens and you get a divorce, was there never any love in the first place?

I took a couple of courses in the philosophy of love and friendship, and the only thing I got from it, is that it's a very complex subject that I don't think anyone has a true or definite fucking answer to. :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    love ... probably the most exploited word of all time ... when it its truest form is simply ... the ultimate gift one can give or receive ...
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    22 wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:

What if you love somebody and they do something horrible to you? Where does the love go? If you marry someone and something happens and you get a divorce, was there never any love in the first place?

I took a couple of courses in the philosophy of love and friendship, and the only thing I got from it, is that it's a very complex subject that I don't think anyone has a true or definite fucking answer to. :lol:

I meant in accepting the normal shortcomings everyone has,not in being an abuser etc,no one should have to accept that kind of behaviour regardless of love or not.Splitting hairs.
    Surely is it is a given that people do not go into love expecting abuse and harm to be an acceptable element?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I meant in accepting the normal shortcomings everyone has,not in being an abuser etc,no one should have to accept that kind of behaviour regardless of love or not.Splitting hairs.
    Surely is it is a given that people do not go into love expecting abuse and harm to be an acceptable element?

In regards to relationships:

I just feel it's hard to classify love as unconditional. Nobody is perfect so everyone is going to have shortcomings, so if that were the case than no one would ever truly be in love until they found someone they were truly happy with their entire life. I'm not saying that isn't love, but I just find it hard saying the feelings felt in past relationships wasn't a type of love.

People don't make it for all different types of reasons. The majority of divorces are due to financial issues. There are so many other situations that affect a relationship with another person. It just seems to all comes down to timing, circumstance and situation.

This is just my interpretation by the way. I don't think there's necessarily a right or wrong answer. :)
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    just remember

"and in the end
    the love you take
    is equal to
    the love you make"
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    "You say will teach me everything you know and I add .... vice versa."

I would have to laugh partly "brain" chemistry. Would say an addiction to "each other?" (which is a bit morbid for me)

I have to laugh.

Nobody wanna touch this topic? ;)

http://www.oxytocin.org/oxytoc/love-science.html
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    What is love?

the answer lies here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2h4Phgo ... re=related ...

really! :D
  • Love means never having to say you're horny.