Lion hugs

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,703
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
This is just amazing. A male worker at a lion park walked in on his last day and, after he says hello and sits down, several lion cubs come up to him and start giving him hugs.

If we all just be like this!

http://www.slothster.com/3005-Worker-At ... bs.h%20tml
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What an amazing job. :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • I LOVE that!! Thanks for sharing it :)
  • Cute but in reality life is very different for these animals especially as they get older.

Zoos often sell or kill animals who no longer attract visitors. Deer, tigers, lions, and other animals who breed often are sometimes sold to "game" farms where hunters pay for the "privilege" of killing them; some are killed for their meat and/or hides. Other "surplus" animals may be sold to smaller, more poorly run zoos or to laboratories for experiments.

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/zoos.asp
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,703
    Cute but in reality life is very different for these animals especially as they get older.

Zoos often sell or kill animals who no longer attract visitors. Deer, tigers, lions, and other animals who breed often are sometimes sold to "game" farms where hunters pay for the "privilege" of killing them; some are killed for their meat and/or hides. Other "surplus" animals may be sold to smaller, more poorly run zoos or to laboratories for experiments.

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/zoos.asp
    What you say here, Bronx Bombers, is absolutely true and should indeed be understood by all. But could we have that discussion in A Moving Train...and just keep a good vibe on this thread?

Feel the love, baby.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

How cool would it be if lions stayed about that size....about dog size....and didn't have ridiculously sharp teeth/claws and we could have them as pets. My Boxer sits on my lap and hugs me like that and nuzzles against my neck etc. Having a pet lion would be cool us fuck! :mrgreen:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    How cool would it be if lions stayed about that size....about dog size....and didn't have ridiculously sharp teeth/claws and we could have them as pets. My Boxer sits on my lap and hugs me like that and nuzzles against my neck etc. Having a pet lion would be cool us fuck! :mrgreen:

Agreed! I want a mini pet lion!!! :P
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    That would be fun- quite a fantasy because they do get big, but nothing wrong with a good imagination! Hell, I'd like to have an elephant live in my living room.

"Hi there, come on in. That's Henrietta there on the flattened couch. She's my pet elephant."

:lol:

brianlux wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    That would be fun- quite a fantasy because they do get big, but nothing wrong with a good imagination! Hell, I'd like to have an elephant live in my living room.

"Hi there, come on in. That's Henrietta there on the flattened couch. She's my pet elephant."

Ohhhhh I've always wanted a pet elephant!! Love elephants. AND a pet killer whale like Free Willy that I go swimming with!! :lol: Hell I may as well throw in a pet dolphin while I'm there. The whale will need a friend after all! ;) OH!! And a pet gorilla....or orangutan.

Can someone please buy me a zoo? :lol:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    This gentlemen got a hug from an adult lion in South Africa

lionattack_1__280_614253a.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    This gentlemen got a hug from an adult lion in South Africa

lionattack_1__280_614253a.jpg

He obviously squeezed too hard. ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    A dog you would like is a leonberger . It is a German dog that resembles a lion. I own 3 of them.
    They are loyal, intelligent, and confident in all situations. My 2 males weigh around 170 lbs.
    One male gives wagon rides for children. The downside is feeding them costs me about $600 per month.
    I spoil them with chickens , eggs , roast beef , salmon, veggies, goat milk and dog food of course.
    You would love them, but where you live it is too hot for them.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    I want lion cubs in addition to my mini pigs!

If I ever win the lottery, I'm getting myself a baby animal farm 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

I used to have 3 mini pigs. Hank, Arnold , and Eb.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Beautiful story. (And I love the guy's accent.) Reminds me of the story of Christian the lion. Google it if you haven't seen it; it's really heartwarming.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

I used to have 3 mini pigs. Hank, Arnold , and Eb.
    They are so cute! I want one :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    What an amazing job. :D

...And off he goes to shovel shit for 7 hours and 58 minutes.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    A dog you would like is a leonberger . It is a German dog that resembles a lion. I own 3 of them.
    They are loyal, intelligent, and confident in all situations. My 2 males weigh around 170 lbs.
    One male gives wagon rides for children. The downside is feeding them costs me about $600 per month.
    I spoil them with chickens , eggs , roast beef , salmon, veggies, goat milk and dog food of course.
    Wow! I looked up some pic on line. They're huge! And you say you have three!?!? Do they have their own house or a barn? :D

By they way, I love that goat photo of yours.

They are so cute! I want one :)

Me too! Except we can't get the same pot belly pigs here (I've been doing research :lol: )....we can get other breeds of miniature pigs though.
  • we can't get any that a really really little though - like the teeny teacup size ones, have looked
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
    we can't get any that a really really little though - like the teeny teacup size ones, have looked

I know. :( Comebackgirl and I were only talking about this a few weeks ago because there was a photo of a TINY baby one on Facebook....soooo cute....so I did some research too and saw that we can't get them here. Those teacup ones are apparently pretty unhealthy though....bad breeding....so a few websites said anyway.
  • oh okay, I hadn't got any further than they're unavailable, so cute though
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    A beautiful video,heart warming to watch the connection.He has clearly treated them with a great deal of love and respect to have them all go to him like the way they did.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    How adorable is that video? I definitely feel the love. :D
    A dog you would like is a leonberger .

I've seen leonbergers, a friend went through the work of buying a puppy, and they're like big teddy bears! I happen to love Newfoundland dogs (and always wanted one), and these dogs are the combination of newfies, St. Bernards and I think Burmese mountain dogs. Bred to look like a lion. But there's no way I could ever or would ever have the money to spend what they demand for the raw meat diet they need. They're definitely beautiful and very huggable though. ;)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387

I googled the name.I recognised the breed as I see a lady around here walking one they are beautiful dogs,very gentle.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • brianlux wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Wow! I looked up some pic on line. They're huge! And you say you have three!?!? Do they have their own house or a barn? :D

They have a pet door from my house to about 5 fenced acres. They come in and out at their leisure.
    All 3 love to watch the animal channel for a full hour at times. They sit on the couch and are fully focused on the tv. The picture is of a 4 horned Jacob Ram. He is aggressive towards strangers. Never turn your back to him.
    brianlux wrote:

They have a pet door from my house to about 5 fenced acres. They come in and out at their leisure.
    All 3 love to watch the animal channel for a full hour at times. They sit on the couch and are fully focused on the tv. The picture is of a 4 horned Jacob Ram. He is aggressive towards strangers. Never turn your back to him.
    I knew a goat like that. I passed him on my walk to classes everyday when I was in school at Chico. We had an understanding- I kept my distance, he nodded hello.

My favorite "pet" was a boar named Wendell. Wendell was wild and scary as hell when we met but became good pals. First a scratching stick, then a twig, then finger scratches and one day a hop over the fence and a pat on the head. Good old friend Wendell.

• I love lions... I was just watching videos the other day of lions talking like saying "allah" "I love you" "Where are you".

The animal kingdom is underestimated.