What do you do when...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
...you're really pissed off? I still take satisfaction in breaking stuff. I don't do it often but I must say that cable remotes have been my most recent target of my wrath lately...2 within the last six months or so.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• taking Tortoise classes
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I usually cry first- but I do that anytime I have overwhelming emotions. (it's genetic) Then I go for a really long run listening to really loud music.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I stuff the anger down deep until I end up exploding at inappropriate times. Doesn't everyone?
    ELITIST FUK
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I go for a walk. A really, really long walk.

And then I stew in the juices of my bubbling resentment.

Good times.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Call my sister,
    or listen to very loud music...

you need to call my sister? ;)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    go to the gym and hit the heavy bag
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Carey wrote:
    Call my sister,
    or listen to very loud music...

you need to call my sister? ;)

Does she like breaking stuff too? :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Diane: Coach, what do you do when you are so furious you just have to do something.
    Coach: I know you'd think it's kinda crazy, but I bang my head on the bar.
    Dianne: Sounds crazy to me but it might do me a lot of good right now.
    Coach: Okay [starts banging his head on the bar]
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have found the P90x Kenpo work out does wonders...it's basically kickboxing. I picture the person's face whom I'm angry with in the direct line of my punches and kicks.

...is that why my legs and glutes hurt?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    First I'll use some general & then some super imaginative insults...I gave up the F-word once which really made insulting someone difficult...damn fracking hairy nugget? Doodle-head? Mother lovin' buttmunch? Sooooo not satisfying....fuck that. :lolno:
    Then I might run it out on the treadmill with some music thumpin' away.....at work I'll plug in my ear-buds & go Binaural...can't be mad listening to that 8-)
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I normally listen to really heavy songs...Lukin, Habit...you catch my drift.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    norm wrote:
    Diane: Coach, what do you do when you are so furious you just have to do something.
    Coach: I know you'd think it's kinda crazy, but I bang my head on the bar.
    Dianne: Sounds crazy to me but it might do me a lot of good right now.
    Coach: Okay [starts banging his head on the bar]

Aww man! I adored Coach.

Also, agree with the loud music routes.

Also, quietly seething and then smoking a bowl or two.
  • I bottle it up, listen to music loud enough to get noise complaints, then at some point let it out on the completely wrong person and become slightly self destructive... probably not the healthiest route
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Same. Break shit. Or just clam up.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    SD48277 wrote:
    I stuff the anger down deep until I end up exploding at inappropriate times. Doesn't everyone?
    +1 at the wrong people for stupid things, then you feel daft, regretfully and no better. Absolutely!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Play guitar.
    Throw something.
    Punch something.
    Kick something.
    Listen to music.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I looked for a cigarette. I quit a million years ago, but I was so pissed ( I forget about what now, it was a month ago ) but went outside and took a few drags and felt automatically better. By the 3rd inhale I was thinking "what the hell am I doing, this isn't worth killing my self over !"
    Out went the cigarette and in came the logic.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • I once bought cigarettes when pissed off, no idea why, smoked a few and gave the rest to my smoker brother in law to finish.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • I clean. Which isnt like me. :lol:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I go for a drive up the mountains with some calm music, maybe hit the steering wheel a time or two! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Pissed ....that usually comes from a hurtful place
    like a customer sticking us for thousands of dollars, kids doing stupid stuff,
    Georgia Power clearing away all our privacy, the nightly news filled with injustice...

it's that helpless feeling...

I guess I cry when I'm pissed
  • I get V E R Y quiet, essentially plotting a really cruel and nasty next move...and then
    do absolutely nothing about it.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • I used to play drums or..
    go to the driving range and club some golf balls. There was just something about hitting a tiny golf ball a million miles (or so it felt). its a game of precision and focus, but when i'm pissed off I tend to not think about anything, so its focused anger.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Yell... Pout... Rant... Get revenge...

About right for a 45 year old guy :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Cleaning is fairly therapeutic for me, for some reason. It allows me to quietly stew...but it eventually gets my mind off things.

Crying and falling asleep also works...
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Scream Leash!
    :D
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Listen to lots of Pantera and drink black-tooth grins...cliche, I know, but it works!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Throw stuff rant and rage then when exhausted cry or go very moody,I'm glad I don't get pissed off too easy these days
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    So I just swapped out my remote at Time Warner for a new one and the guy behind the counter asked if I had broke the remote. I told him I dropped it...he laughed. :oops:
  • I get V E R Y quiet, essentially plotting a really cruel and nasty next move...and then
    do absolutely nothing about it.
    :lol::lol::lol: - that sums it up nicely.
    I listen to very very LOUD music.