Options

Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost tour

pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
edited February 2012 in Other Music
Are you kidding me? If you're looking for a metal show, you may not get a better lineup all year.

http://www.mastodonrocks.com/news/dates ... odonopethg

04/04 Portland, ME State Theater GET TICKETS

04/05 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater GET TICKETS

04/06 Montreal, QC Metropolis GET TICKETS

04/07 Toronto, ON Sony Centre GET TICKETS

04/09 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory GET TICKETS

04/10 Wallingford, CT The Dome GET TICKETS

04/11 New York, NY Roseland Ballroom GET TICKETS

04/13 Chicago, IL Riviera Theatre GET TICKETS

04/14 Grand Rapids, MI The Intersection GET TICKETS

04/15 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE GET TICKETS

04/16 Knoxville, TN TN Theater GET TICKETS

04/18 Oklahoma City, OK Diamond Ballroom GET TICKETS

04/19 Dallas, TX Palladium Ballroom GET TICKETS

04/20 San Antonio, TX Back Stage Live GET TICKETS

04/21 Corpus Christi, TX Concrete Street GET TICKETS

04/23 Denver, CO Fillmore Auditorium GET TICKETS

04/25 Las Vegas, NV House of Blues GET TICKETS

04/26 Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amphitheatre GET TICKETS

04/27 Oakland, CA Fox Theatre GET TICKETS

04/28 Reno, NV Grand Sierra Resort GET TICKETS

04/30 Seattle, WA The Paramount GET TICKETS

05/01 Vancouver, BC Orpheum Theatre GET TICKETS

05/03 Edmonton, AB Edmonton Events Center GET TICKETS

05/04 Calgary, AB MacEwan Hall GET TICKETS

05/05 Saskatoon, SK The Odeon GET TICKETS

05/06 Winnipeg, MB Burton Cummings Theatre GET TICKETS

05/09 Washington, DC The Fillmore GET TICKETS

05/10 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore GET TICKETS

05/11 Myrtle Beach, SC House of Blues GET TICKETS

05/12 Atlanta, GA Masquerade Music Park GET TICKETS
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    HOLY SHIT

LUCKY FUCKERS!
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    yea. the state theater in maine only holds like 2,000 people too. really cool venue.
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Looks like I'm going to Vegas.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm seriously considering the Toronto show, but I'm not sure how I feel about a metal show in a seated venue.
  • Options
    If anyone is a fan, go to one of these shows. Pretty cheap and small venues. Fuckin awesome!
  • Options
    I just said screw it, joined their website and bought a presale ticket. Sixth row centre. Can't complain.

If anyone from Toronto is interested, the presale on their site still has a pair of front row mezzanine tickets available. I debated between those and the one I got.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Oooh and at the Riv!!! Yes please!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It's on like a chili stain
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Listening to Opeth for the first time, in preparation for the upcoming show. I'm starting with their latest album, Harvest, and really liking what I hear.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    damn they are playing the Fillmore in Charlotte? cool place to see a show and pretty small. If I wasn't going to 5 or 6 concerts in March-June, I would probably go to this.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    Listening to Opeth for the first time, in preparation for the upcoming show. I'm starting with their latest album, Harvest, and really liking what I hear.
    If you are goign to see them you probably want to prepare yourself for their ohter music. The latest album was the first album other than damnation that is not "heavy"

As in blast beats, death metal growls etc.

Blackwater park is my favorite album by them. At least check out the song blackwater park to get an idea of what some of their other stuff is like. Also love the song Serenity Painted Death off their Still Life Album.

I have seen opeth twice and they were good both times.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    If you are goign to see them you probably want to prepare yourself for their ohter music. The latest album was the first album other than damnation that is not "heavy"

Blackwater park is my favorite album by them. At least check out the song blackwater park to get an idea of what some of their other stuff is like. Also love the song Serenity Painted Death off their Still Life Album.

I've acquired their complete works, so everything will get a listen. I think I'm going to go with their first album, Orchid, next, then probably something from the middle. Blackwater Park, thanks to your suggestion, will be that album. I'm good with all music, so the death growls won't scare me off.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    intodeep wrote:

When I saw them twice on the first leg of the Heritage tour, they didn't do any songs that required death metal growls. They did songs from the latest album plus older songs that lack growls. It was a fine show but I hope they mix it up more on this upcoming leg. I saw a recent setlist from India that included a mixture of material...hopefully that is indicative of what they're planning for the tour with Mastodon and Ghost.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

When I saw them twice on the first leg of the Heritage tour, they didn't do any songs that required death metal growls. They did songs from the latest album plus older songs that lack growls. It was a fine show but I hope they mix it up more on this upcoming leg. I saw a recent setlist from India that included a mixture of material...hopefully that is indicative of what they're planning for the tour with Mastodon and Ghost.
    Wow
    thanks for the heads up all their music is great but man i love the aggressive stuff!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22