Options

I've listened to Long Road hundreds of times...

LeatherMosquitoManLeatherMosquitoMan Posts: 4,034
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
But i've never wanted to hear a version more than the Copenhagen 2007 opener. I just sat there, totally silent for 5 minutes.. i didn't want to miss any of it.

I just heard it now, for the first time... and it blew me away. To be there would've been spine tingling. The crescendo's in this version are awesome. Lately, i've been blown away by the Cincy '06 version... this trumps it easily... gives me goosebumps!
-Chris
Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
2003 Brisbane 1
2006 LA 1 & 2
2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
2011 St. Louis (EV)
2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    I hope and pray that somehow these shows somehow get released as an official bootleg or album. The Copenhagen set is just too amazing to NOT release.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    I hope and pray that somehow these shows somehow get released as an official bootleg or album. The Copenhagen set is just too amazing to NOT release.

I'm up to LBC now... the quality of this show so far is pretty amazing, it's like a good quality 1996 show all over again.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    I've not heard this yet. Is it better than Wembley? cause that would be very hard to beat.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    where can I get this show?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Deep_DKDeep_DK Posts: 151

Thanks for posting the link :)

Long road was just an amazing opener!
    It's not a crime to free your mind.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    Thinking back to when they came out and ed walked back and fourth between his amp and his mic before starting the song. I was already in tears from a gorgeous throw your arms around me. Lnd road just added to this emotional thing I had going in me.

It was a bursting version and it easily topped the perth 2003 version that I was there for. I have seen lond road open two times now, and copenhagen was just amazing...

And to think, Light years, In hiding, Black and Hard to imagine were also performed very warm and well. They really had their game going this night and I am so happy i was able to be there cheering and singing along.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    I'm up to LBC now... the quality of this show so far is pretty amazing, it's like a good quality 1996 show all over again.
    Yeah but it ain't anywhere near the quality of the official bootlegs. I am an audiophile. I cannot bear to listen to fan recordings. Hell, the Dissident singles with the 1994 Atlanta show are almost too crappy sounding for me.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    This thread is a good example of how a setlist does matter to the overall show. PJ did a great job creating the set. Congratulations and hail, hail to PJ and lucky the ones who were there.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    Yeah the setlist is INSANE. It looks SOOOOO amazing. I was okay and "at peace" with them not releasing boots for this tour... until this setlist came along. They must release this show.
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    Yeah the setlist is INSANE. It looks SOOOOO amazing. I was okay and "at peace" with them not releasing boots for this tour... until this setlist came along. They must release this show.
    I too hope that the show is released, but I have a feeling that, unless the entire tour is officially released, this show will not be released because of how much meaning it has with EV and how he may want to keep the experience between the band and those that attended.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    All I can say is this moment right here was pure magic...
    London was amazing......the set list was SICK...but Long Road was the highlight for me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPWwZoEARU
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    Thanks for the download link Chris.

I can't wait to hear this boot!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    ok I downloaded cd 1 and now it won't let me get cd 2.
    It says I reached my download limit :(

Can someone put up part 2 on yousend it or megaupload or something for me...since rapidshare is being a bastard.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    ok I downloaded cd 1 and now it won't let me get cd 2.
    It says I reached my download limit :(

Can someone put up part 2 on yousend it or megaupload or something for me...since rapidshare is being a bastard.

I just downloaded the rest of it this morning Mel

And i'm gonna listen to the whole thing tonight, in about an hour
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    I just downloaded the rest of it this morning Mel

And i'm gonna listen to the whole thing tonight, in about an hour

The download limit is a daily thing??? It resets the next day??
  • Options

Yep. sure does.

I'm gonna wait to burn it though, b/c I'm Gone is putting a FLAC version up in a week or so, so i'm gonna wait for the better quality.

I dled the first part last night, and the rest this morning.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Yep. sure does.

I'm gonna wait to burn it though, b/c I'm Gone is putting a FLAC version up in a week or so, so i'm gonna wait for the better quality.

I dled the first part last night, and the rest this morning.

Ohh it does?? SWEET!! Didn't know that thx.

ohhhh he is!?!?!?
    SWEEEEEEET!!!

I'll upload this baby to my Ipod and wait for the .flacs before I burn it then. :)
    Thanks!
  • Options
    OMG Ed TOTALLY fucked up LBC...wow!

For those who were there....was he just really emotional or did his messing up the first verse throw him off for the rest of the song?

Poor Ed...What he did sing sounded good tho.
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    London Long Road was incredible - Eddie BELTED that baby out.
  • Options
    tschoesstschoess Posts: 44

I don not have to wait at all - I have just to cut my internet-connection and start a new dial-in for a new download.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541

For those who were there....was he just really emotional or did his messing up the first verse throw him off for the rest of the song?

He was just incredibly emotional, the whole band were in bits, especially Ed. I remember feeling the tears welling up when I could see that Ed just couldn't bear to sing the words.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Ed and Stone definitely cried during the show.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376

Just think of the line where he kinda stopped singing. That should answer your question.

"lost ... "

Also,
    I never thought any song ever could top the feeling I had in Kitchener 05 when my first live PJ song was Long Road. At this moment, I think... A few moments in Copenhagen came really, really, really close.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    after hearing long road played on the Perth boot a few years ago it became my favourite opener and almost cried when they played it at Wembley...what a great song.
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07