Options

Cover Songs, your Favorite

13»

Comments

• Options
    There are SO MANY to choose from, and so many are awesome. "Leaving Here" is one of my absolute tops. The "It's Ok" tag is great, and I could hear Baba at every show and never ever get tired of it. The Vh1 Who Rock Honors "Love Reign O'er Me" blows my mind, and "Masters of War" (especially that first one from the Dylan concert) is just ridiculous. Ed did an awesome a cappella snippet of "I've Just Seen a Face" (I think in 95) that, happily, gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it. Ed covering "Open All Night" is also greatness. And I don't know if it counts as a real cover, but "Modern Girl" is another favorite; I sing that to my toddler when she's having a hard time and it calms her down...you can just sing it again and again and again.
  • Options
    dhealy90dhealy90 Posts: 124
    One of my favorites is, Throw Your Arms Around Me, and always, Dont Be Shy. Always kill me. But hey, every song these guys cover....GOLD. :lol:
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    There are SO MANY to choose from, and so many are awesome. "Leaving Here" is one of my absolute tops. The "It's Ok" tag is great, and I could hear Baba at every show and never ever get tired of it. The Vh1 Who Rock Honors "Love Reign O'er Me" blows my mind, and "Masters of War" (especially that first one from the Dylan concert) is just ridiculous. Ed did an awesome a cappella snippet of "I've Just Seen a Face" (I think in 95) that, happily, gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it. Ed covering "Open All Night" is also greatness. And I don't know if it counts as a real cover, but "Modern Girl" is another favorite; I sing that to my toddler when she's having a hard time and it calms her down...you can just sing it again and again and again.

I have "lost" my link to Masters of War at the Bob Dylan tribute :? and for the life of me,and the wicked headache I haven't gotten from searching, I can't find the video for it! Someone help and put me out of my agony please,I have to see this again before going to bed :lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I believe in Miracles..

I Got You is pretty cool too
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    I personally enjoyed the PJ version of "25 minutes to go" from the Benaroya Hall show, also enjoy "I've got a feeling" and the "Dock of the bay" cover. "Patriot" is a good one also
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • Options
    cmjamrozycmjamrozy Posts: 4
    Two I hope they would play one more time when I was in attendance:

Dock Of The Bay
    25 Minutes To Go
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    Kick Out The Jams

:thumbup:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    after i saw it again at Amsterdam 2.....

this song,has a unique power in it..really can change the whole show,how u feel ,..
    has a unique power of sadness that leaves you alone and happy....the same time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSj4qbJ-Erw
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    My favorites:

Waiting on a Friend
    It's OK
    Sonic Reducer
    Let My Love Open the Door
    Crazy Mary

Ones I didn't care for:

Everyday People
    Kick out the Jams (Especially when it ends the show...I dont get the same feeling I get from RITFW, YL, or Indifference)
    Mother (cool to hear something different, but not a good fit for Ed's voice IMO)
    New World (just not a song I like)
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    i believe in miracles

25 minutes to go

if you want blood, you got it (just because i love me some ac/dc)
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    Personally, I don't think PJs cover of Mother is better then Pink Floyd; however, I think it was a really simple song for them to play.
    Anyway, I really like Bob Dylan's Master's of Wa. When they sang it during the turbulance from the invasion of Iraq, it was simply awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aB8kSNlz2A
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I just heard "Can't Help Falling in Love" from Vegas 2000. It was absolutely breathtaking! :D

I have that boot and your statement is 100% true.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Have they ever done Crowded House's "Fall at Your Feet?" I'd love to hear Ed's rendition of that song!