Help finding a guitar's value.

veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
edited January 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
This is a bit of a long shot but I have a really nice Tanglewood bowl back electro-acoustic that is a bit of a rarity and would like to know what it is worth. The model is a Corsa TWD9 and I had to email Dan Reeks at Tanglewood USA to get any info on it as there was nothing on it online anywhere. It seems that they only produced 24 of them and it retailed in the UK at £400 but they were intended to be aimed at a lower price region. He said the material costs made this unrealistic so they stopped making them. I don't ever have any intention on selling it but would still like to know if it's rarity makes it valuable as I don't have it insured.
Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The best, most accurate, and easiest method of determining the value of pretty much anything these days is to watch for one to sell on eBay. But be forewarned: just because it's rare, doesn't mean it's worth a lot of money.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    The best, most accurate, and easiest method of determining the value of pretty much anything these days is to watch for one to sell on eBay. But be forewarned: just because it's rare, doesn't mean it's worth a lot of money.
    Because there are so few I've not seen another one on ebay since picking mine up from there 3 years ago and I don't believe anyone bidding on it knew of it's rarity as knowledge on it was very hard to come by. I'm not guessing it'll be worth that much, possiibly not even it's original retail price but I'd still like to know.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12