Tax question

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Taxes..So with the EIC if there's TWO tax reports being made do you get EIC for both? or just for the return as a whole? It's been a while since I've filed for two taxes reports..thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Huh....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Not sure what you mean by two tax reports...but definitely make sure you qualify for the EIC before you claim it. It's an IRS hot spot.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • ok. thanks, And by two reports I means reporting and filing taxes for two seperate jobs. One is from out of state, and one from IN the state I'm currently in..
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Got ya, well the EIC is based on your total income from all jobs combined.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ok. thanks, And by two reports I means reporting and filing taxes for two seperate jobs. One is from out of state, and one from IN the state I'm currently in..

it all goes on one federal tax return....

if you moved...you need to file two state tax returns and allocate your income to each state. bit of a nusiance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    81 wrote:
    ok. thanks, And by two reports I means reporting and filing taxes for two seperate jobs. One is from out of state, and one from IN the state I'm currently in..

it all goes on one federal tax return....

if you moved...you need to file two state tax returns and allocate your income to each state. bit of a nusiance.

Oh god we used to have to do that, it was hell! My husband worked as a consultant summers in Vermont, so we had to file state for NY, Federal, Vermont state, worked up such that my NY income was not included, AND a Federal return of only his income, to be supplied with the Vermont state return. And we couldn't file online because of all this. Kinda glad he no longer consults over there.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008