Phantom Menace in 3D :oops:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    yes The Wall

and a replay of The Grateful Dead Movie in IMAX
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Shining
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    The wall
    Yes
    JTH wrote:
    Phantom Menace in 3D :oops:
    and yes
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I never did get to see Spinal Tap on the big screen.

Hmmm... PJ20 at the Brew & View (Vic Theatre)?

Yes. That needs to happen.
  • DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    JTH wrote:
    I never did get to see Spinal Tap on the big screen.

Hmmm... PJ20 at the Brew & View (Vic Theatre)?

Yes. That needs to happen.
    The Houston show of PJ20 was at a cool little theater with a bar, really cool untill the "drunks" start knocking their bottles over and listening them slowly roll all the way to the screen! :roll:
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Behind the Green Door :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    81 wrote:
    The wall
    this and The Song Remains the Same
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I think I'd prefer Pompeii over The Wall. Alot of the music dvd's I have would be pretty cool on the big screen with good sound.

Led Zeppelin S/T would be amazing huge and loud

The extended Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • -Wizard Of Oz with Dark Side Of The Moon playing in my Ipod
    -The Empire Strikes Back
    -8-Mile..with a predominately african-american viewing audience...while stoned (already saw this once but it was so great, I wanna go back)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    dark knight rises.
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    A few that come to mind...

Jaws

Aliens (I saw Alien when they re-released to theaters in '03, it was awesome)

The Thing (1982)
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    A few that come to mind...

Jaws

The Thing (1982)

I've seen all ( 3 ) of these .... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I saw The Wall in a little theater in Whistler back in '97. I think I was completely sober and by myself.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Empire Strikes Back

Although, Blu-ray is pretty damn good, still nothing like sharing the experience with a crowd.

The Empire Strikes Back

Probably my favorite movie ever. I did technically see it in the theater though because I saw it when it was re-released back in '97. There were very few changes made to Empire (at least compared to the other two) so I enjoyed it.

The Empire Strikes Back

Probably my favorite movie ever. I did technically see it in the theater though because I saw it when it was re-released back in '97. There were very few changes made to Empire (at least compared to the other two) so I enjoyed it.
    I want to travel back to 1980 and experience the first show with the crowd on opening night.

The Empire Strikes Back

I want to travel back to 1980 and experience the first show with the crowd on opening night.

It might not be as great as you would think. I'm sure not everybody disliked it, and that lots of people absolutely loved it, but reaction at the time was supposedly not nearly as favorable as it is now. It took some time (and the hindsight of having seen the third film) before it started to be considered the best in the series. I remember my dad telling me that at the time he and the group of people he saw it with hated it. If you can believe it Empire received a lot of bad reviews at the time. My dad told me that when he saw it the audience was kind of confused and not impressed. Partly because of the way it just "sort of ended" pretty suddenly, leaving a lot of loose ends, the huge contrast in tone to Episode IV, and other things.

All of this (except the ending, which the ability to now be able to watch Jedi right afterwards if you want to in order to wrap up the loose ends) are mainly reasons people love it, it really stands out from the other two. But at the time I think it wasn't what people hoped/expected. Compared to the space battle and blowing up of the Death Star in the previous film, the ending of Empire was seen as somewhat anti-climactic.

It might not be as great as you would think. I'm sure not everybody disliked it, and that lots of people absolutely loved it, but reaction at the time was supposedly not nearly as favorable as it is now. It took some time (and the hindsight of having seen the third film) before it started to be considered the best in the series. I remember my dad telling me that at the time he and the group of people he saw it with hated it. If you can believe it Empire received a lot of bad reviews at the time. My dad told me that when he saw it the audience was kind of confused and not impressed. Partly because of the way it just "sort of ended" pretty suddenly, leaving a lot of loose ends, the huge contrast in tone to Episode IV, and other things.

All of this (except the ending, which the ability to now be able to watch Jedi right afterwards if you want to in order to wrap up the loose ends) are mainly reasons people love it, it really stands out from the other two. But at the time I think it wasn't what people hoped/expected. Compared to the space battle and blowing up of the Death Star in the previous film, the ending of Empire was seen as somewhat anti-climactic.
    I know.. I just want to see everyone's reaction to Vader telling Luke he's his father. 8-)
    I was 9 when I saw Empire in the theater and I thought it was amazing. Even better -- I had one friend with a VCR and his dad got a hold of a bootleg copy. We watched at least some of the movie pretty much every time I went over there.

A couple years later, another friend of mine almost managed to convince me that Empire sucked and that I was stupid for liking it when it came out and that Jedi kicked the crap out of it. He didn't convince me that Empire sucked, but I did think Jedi was the best of the three until I eventually came to my senses and realized that Empire really is where it's at.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I know.. I just want to see everyone's reaction to Vader telling Luke he's his father. 8-)

Aw geez, how 'bout a spoiler warning? I was going to watch it tonight! ;)
  • I missed Lion King in 3D last year
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

I don't know about everybody, but my dad said he and the people he saw it with didn't believe it. They just thought Vader was manipulating Luke, and didn't truly believe it until Return Of The Jedi when Yoda and Ben confirmed it. I saw some show about Star Wars on the History Channel, and James Earl Jones was talking about that scene, and he kind of said the same thing. When he read the script he said "he's lying". I'm not saying everybody took it that way, but I can't help but wonder what I would have thought. I saw them all as a kid so I think I took whatever they said at face value, and I think I may have seen Jedi before Empire.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    A toronto cinema did a showing of The Godfather about a year and a half ago, and seeing it on the big screen was pretty awesome.

They did a triple header of Jaws, ET and Close Encounters. I wanted to attend that, but was busy. They're currently closed for maintenance, but when they re-open I'm sure I'll catch some good flicks.
  • A few that come to mind...

Jaws

The Thing (1982)

Would of loved to have seen all those films in the theatre.
    especially The Thing! :mrgreen:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Ok I'm surprised it took this long to say The Exorcist would be an awesome screening.
    My butt itches!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

I don't know about everybody, but my dad said he and the people he saw it with didn't believe it. They just thought Vader was manipulating Luke, and didn't truly believe it until Return Of The Jedi when Yoda and Ben confirmed it. I saw some show about Star Wars on the History Channel, and James Earl Jones was talking about that scene, and he kind of said the same thing. When he read the script he said "he's lying". I'm not saying everybody took it that way, but I can't help but wonder what I would have thought. I saw them all as a kid so I think I took whatever they said at face value, and I think I may have seen Jedi before Empire.

saw the same documentary you mention and remember james earl jones saying that.

yoda confirming it in ROTJ had much more of an impact than vader saying it.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i saw all of the star wars movies in the theaters when they were rereleased, so i won't mention them, but i would still love to see in the theater:

terminator 2
    lost in translation
    ghostbusters
    the abyss
    rival. wrote:
    lost in translation
    Ah, yeah. I was thinking about this one. I saw it on DVD and wasn't impressed. I've heard that this is a common reaction and that the movie is supposedly much better in the theater for whatever reason.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I don't go to movie theaters much anymore...just waiting for The Hobbit.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016