Options

Opinion Time

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that Showbox DVD....How Is it?...opinions?
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    basically like it was bootleg, except that you can also watch it:)
    pretty raw, no special features, etc. with a little or no post production, but still Pearl Jam gig.
    worth it for the atmosphere.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that Showbox DVD....How Is it?...opinions?

Wow. You need to get this. Yesterday.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    this was shot on Dec 6, 2002, I love the setlist, mostly Binaural and Riot Act, you can check the tracks on the website, this is previous to Live at the Garden, dunno which was released first... I think it was a fundraising show, but I may be wrong, last show of that year, shot by members of the crew...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    pjradio wrote:

Gotta get them all! :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i think it's great...and the "War" tag at the end of Daughter will blow your mind. so fucking intense!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

Gotta get them all! :mrgreen:

i hear ya!....trying
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I still need to pick this up as well. I also need to rebuy copies of Live at the Garden and Touring Band because I have to clue what happened to my copies :?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    I still need to pick this up as well. I also need to rebuy copies of Live at the Garden and Touring Band because I have to clue what happened to my copies :?

Good question OP, was just wondering this the other day. Had a hell of a time finding Touring Band other than used at Amazon, had an order in at HMV for about three months & got a call two weeks ago from them telling me it was discontinued. Luckily, found one at a big outlet mall. About time for a brand new DVD.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Get it NOW!! Instrumental All Or None at the end credits? Love it! Its a badass DVD.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Buy it. You won't be disappointed.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    purchased....thanks guys/gals...can't beat it for $15 ($19 w/shipping)

If it wasn't for that "Rumor Pit" post in the Porch, I would have forgotten about it...kudos to whoever started that one
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Totally worth it -- maybe its not the best PJ show ever, but worth the price of an official DVD for sure. :)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,087
    pjradio wrote:
    purchased....thanks guys/gals...can't beat it for $15 ($19 w/shipping)

If it wasn't for that "Rumor Pit" post in the Porch, I would have forgotten about it...kudos to whoever started that one

You will be happy with your decision. Live Pearl Jam DVD for under 20 bones? All day.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Live Pearl Jam DVD for under 20 bones? All day.

yep
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I really think it may be my favorite PJ dvd. It's easily on par with TB2K and The Garden and shits all over that overproduced, seizure inducing, should've been awesome vid they call Immagine in Cornice.

Such a great intense performance!! I think it became available some time during the 1st North American leg of the 03 tour, where they started selling it at shows. Pretty sure I got it on the Vote For Change tour.