Looks like I fucked up (possible lottery tix to a show)

voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So as some of you may know I let my membership lapse a couple weeks ago, wasn't going to renew, I haven't yet. Mostly because "there's no way they are going to do a show down in Southern Georgia or anywhere near here." Then Eddie announces he is doing some shows close to where I live, one in Jacksonville, Florida. And it looks like I'm not eligible to do the drawing since I let it lapse.
Eligibility:
- Only members active as of Sunday, January 22nd at 3:59pm PST are eligible for the fan club pre-sale.
- New memberships purchased after that date and time are not eligible for this pre-sale.
- Expired members who did not renew by the deadline, but are still within their grace period are not considered active members and are not eligible for this pre-sale. Your grace period applies to retaining seniority status only.

One of the main reasons I joined this club was to possibly get decent seats to a show, it's been 2 years and no shows down here. I really don't want to get tickets through general admission with Ticketmaster.

Is there any way somebody can please enter the lottery for me and I can pay them for the tickets if they do receive them?

I know it sounds like a long shot but I really messed up on letting the membership lapse, mostly because we had almost no money in the bank at the time, wife went overboard on Christmas for our daughter, told her not to, haha. We got over charged on a few bills which almost made us NSF, and if I had renewed then we would have for sure. We got it sorted out now and a couple cars got paid off so we finally have some extra coin. Still haven't renewed the membership but I will soon enough. :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i feel for ya :lol:

i can't help...unless you want to fly me down to pick up the tickets
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Oh right, forgot you have to get them yourself. :lol:

"Thanks for the tickets, see ya!" :lol:
  • You might find someone who gets the tickets and only has 1 of them (for themselves) spoken for who might want to sell to you.
    Going to be a lot of upset people come Tuesday AM if they didnt have enough 10c seats to cover most of those entering the lottery. :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    You might find someone who gets the tickets and only has 1 of them (for themselves) spoken for who might want to sell to you.
    Going to be a lot of upset people come Tuesday AM if they didnt have enough 10c seats to cover most of those entering the lottery. :)

Only problem is that the wife wants to go too. Looks like general admission. :mrgreen:
    You might find someone who gets the tickets and only has 1 of them (for themselves) spoken for who might want to sell to you.

there is an option...find two solo travelers...and take one from each...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    They are small venues, just go through ticketmaster. Seats should be decent.
    81 wrote:

Not a bad idea, probably would have to take both tickets from one attendee and give him / her the other spare one.
    voidofman wrote:
    81 wrote:

Not a bad idea, probably would have to take both tickets from one attendee and give him / her the other spare one.

yup...could be tricky to set up....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

"You want to swap with my wife?" :lol:
    voidofman wrote:
    81 wrote:

"You want to swap with my wife?" :lol:

pics? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i read some of what ya gotta do to get tickets. this is ridiculous. and why can't a guy or gal just buy one ticket? this been asked before i know. what a comedy. pearl jam and their people in charge of stuff make shit way to complicated.

how bout this...
    1.) take my fucking money... i know you can do it
    2.) gimmie a fucking concert ticket

it can't be that difficult

again i read some not all of the rules to buying a precious events ticket.

bullshit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    If it only lapsed a few weeks ago, don't you have a grace period to renew before they completely kick you out? If you renew, shouldn't you be good to go,even after it lapsed but renewed quickly? Maybe I am wrong.

If not, Ticketmaster it is. Who doesn't hate Ticketmaster! Good luck buddy, hope to see you at a show!
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    jason wrote:
    If it only lapsed a few weeks ago, don't you have a grace period to renew before they completely kick you out? If you renew, shouldn't you be good to go,even after it lapsed but renewed quickly? Maybe I am wrong.

If not, Ticketmaster it is. Who doesn't hate Ticketmaster! Good luck buddy, hope to see you at a show!

The grace period is only for your seniority. Said in the email that if you were not current then no tickets.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    you'll be sitting pretty if you buy a single from the public onsale...
    chadwick wrote:
    i read some of what ya gotta do to get tickets. this is ridiculous. and why can't a guy or gal just buy one ticket? this been asked before i know. what a comedy. pearl jam and their people in charge of stuff make shit way to complicated.

how bout this...
    1.) take my fucking money... i know you can do it
    2.) gimmie a fucking concert ticket

it can't be that difficult

again i read some not all of the rules to buying a precious events ticket.

bullshit.

i agree..don't know why i can't buy a single and avoid the hassle of flipping hte second
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:

i agree..don't know why i can't buy a single and avoid the hassle of flipping hte second

Mrs 81 doesn't like PJ?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    Mcam55 wrote:
    They are small venues, just go through ticketmaster. Seats should be decent.

You're probably more likely to get a better seat through TM anyways. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • 10c sent out email last week to make sure membership was current by last sunday, because an announcement was coming. you chose not to renew, therefore forfeit the right to be pissed at missing the lottery.

looks like you did fuck up.

nobody who wins the lottery on monday is going to hook you up with both of their tickets. members are only allowed to score a pair of 10c tix to one show. you might score one 10c ticket. maybe

10c seats are scattered randomly among the venue, so tm seats are just as good if not better.

all of the venues are cozy and cush - there are no bad seats.

good luck
    uke can save the world
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    10c sent out email last week to make sure membership was current by last sunday, because an announcement was coming. you chose not to renew, therefore forfeit the right to be pissed at missing the lottery.

looks like you did fuck up.

nobody who wins the lottery on monday is going to hook you up with both of their tickets. members are only allowed to score a pair of 10c tix to one show. you might score one 10c ticket. maybe

10c seats are scattered randomly among the venue, so tm seats are just as good if not better.

all of the venues are cozy and cush - there are no bad seats.

good luck

WAS there an email about bringing memberships current? I thought that "tweet" was just a post in the porch...
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    The tweet said to get your membership current. The tour announcement e-mail stated ......

" Only members active as of Sunday January 22nd at 3:59 pm PST are eligible for the fan club pre-sale.
    Expired members who did not renew by the deadline, but are still within thier grace period are not considered active members and are not eligible for this pre-sale. Your grace period applies to retaining seniority staus only."
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Mrs 81 doesn't like PJ?
    And i quote...can't stand his voice.... :lol:

Although she did recently admit to likeing black....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg