Have you ever been on a Game Show?

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I just read an article that Pat Sajak used to get drunk before taping Wheel of Fortune. I wonder, have you or someone you know ever been on a game show? What did you win?

PriceIsRightPlinko.JPG
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Was on a kids show where I won a dance contest and got a 3 speed bike....

Made it to the initial round of Who wants to be a millionaire but did not hit the right combination in time...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Don't even get me started on game shows.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Had a bunch of friends on Bozo to play the Bozo Buckets game, but I never went myself.

Dammit I just aged myself.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Had a bunch of friends on Bozo to play the Bozo Buckets game, but I never went myself.

My aunt took me to a taping when I was in second grade or so. While we were lined up, they were picking kids to play in some relay game or something, I was selected initially but then they asked everyone what their birthday was and I was a year too young so they kicked me out.

Holy shit was I ever pissed off, especially since we were part of a group and some of the kids in the group did get to play.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    JTH wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

My aunt took me to a taping when I was in second grade or so. While we were lined up, they were picking kids to play in some relay game or something, I was selected initially but then they asked everyone what their birthday was and I was a year too young so they kicked me out.

Holy shit was I ever pissed off, especially since we were part of a group and some of the kids in the group did get to play.

i always wanted to win that schwin :(
    so close, jth, so close
    Was on a kids show where I won a dance contest and got a 3 speed bike....

Made it to the initial round of Who wants to be a millionaire but did not hit the right combination in time...

thats fucking cool that you had a chance. do you have a clip?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lost the mountain hiker game on the price is right ,but i got 95 cents on the wheel and won the showcase showdown

a camper trailor and a cuckoo clock (perhaps the worst showcase ever )
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    lost the mountain hiker game on the price is right ,but i got 95 cents on the wheel and won the showcase showdown

the moutain hiker game is prob the second best to plinko.
    nice job on the showcase
    Davidtrios wrote:

the moutain hiker game is prob the second best to plinko.
    nice job on the showcase

plinko is my favorite

the hiker is great because of the yodeling he does...the game itself sucks..i cringed when i saw it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    the hiker is great because of the yodeling he does...the game itself sucks..i cringed when i saw it
    Yeah, take away the yodel and that game's got nothing.

But the yodeling is pure awesome.
    JTH wrote:
    Yeah, take away the yodel and that game's got nothing.

But the yodeling is pure awesome.

point taken. 3rd best game- the dice game:

tumblr_kzrh0svhcu1qz8u8ho1_500.jpg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

did you really? where can we see THAT???
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    I was one of 20 people selected for a CT state lottery drawing at Ocean Beach with a 1 million dollar grand prize.
    I ended up with a $5000 prize. It was a a let down to only win the $5000.
    After the contest, we were in the bar and my buddy asked the million dollar winner to buy a round.
    The grand prize winner ignored that request.
    I was one of 20 people selected for a CT state lottery drawing at Ocean Beach with a 1 million dollar grand prize.
    I ended up with a $5000 prize. It was a a let down to only win the $5000.
    After the contest, we were in the bar and my buddy asked the million dollar winner to buy a round.
    The grand prize winner ignored that request.

5000 back in 85 is like 20k today? pretty sweet prize.
    as far as the dickhead winner, i bet he is broke by now :lol:
  • One of my best friends was on The Price Is Right when we were in college. He waited in line and when the screener came through to get his info he was over-enthusiastic and said he was 'missing Mardi Gras to meet the Barker Babes!' (It was Fat Tuesday on the day of the taping & he was originally from New Orleans.)
    He wins and gets to the final showcase....passes on the first showcase even though it is a TRUCK and an awesome prize & very easy to guess the value of. (He swore he would pass on the first showcase if he ever got on the show, so he held true to it.)
    Ended up winning the 2nd showcase, which was a crappy ring, dinette set and some other garbage he didnt want.
    Sold all of the stuff and forgot about the taxes, which he had to pay the following year on his winnings. (Being a student he had to borrow the money.)

My wife used to work in casting for Family Feud. Awesome group of people, that show looked like it would be fun to go on.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    One of my best friends was on The Price Is Right when we were in college. He waited in line and when the screener came through to get his info he was over-enthusiastic and said he was 'missing Mardi Gras to meet the Barker Babes!' (It was Fat Tuesday on the day of the taping & he was originally from New Orleans.)
    He wins and gets to the final showcase....passes on the first showcase even though it is a TRUCK and an awesome prize & very easy to guess the value of. (He swore he would pass on the first showcase if he ever got on the show, so he held true to it.)
    Ended up winning the 2nd showcase, which was a crappy ring, dinette set and some other garbage he didnt want.
    Sold all of the stuff and forgot about the taxes, which he had to pay the following year on his winnings. (Being a student he had to borrow the money.)

My wife used to work in casting for Family Feud. Awesome group of people, that show looked like it would be fun to go on.

he passed on a TRUCK? :?
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    One of my best friends was on The Price Is Right when we were in college. He waited in line and when the screener came through to get his info he was over-enthusiastic and said he was 'missing Mardi Gras to meet the Barker Babes!' (It was Fat Tuesday on the day of the taping & he was originally from New Orleans.)

he passed on a TRUCK? :?

Yep. Said prior to going to wait in line at the show that he had always watched TPIR as a kid and always held that you should pass on showcase 1 in the showcase showdown. You have never met a more stubborn person than this guy (he is attending Dr in an ER now, perfect job for him!) and he stuck to his guns...even in the face of a kickass new truck.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Yep. Said prior to going to wait in line at the show that he had always watched TPIR as a kid and always held that you should pass on showcase 1 in the showcase showdown. You have never met a more stubborn person than this guy (he is attending Dr in an ER now, perfect job for him!) and he stuck to his guns...even in the face of a kickass new truck.

Those rules applied when I was a kid, but they have long since randomized which is the better showcase. Never pass up the vehicle.

I liked that Pat Sajak drunk story. :lol:

I want to try to get on jeopardy, but I think I would lose - gotta brush up on some ballet & literature.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • btw that's a cool story Neily. "I won the gay showcase." :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    no. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    btw that's a cool story Neily. "I won the gay showcase." :lol:

that fucking clock ...i threw a shoe at it