Options

Ace Frehly

The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Ace coming on stage for Black Diamond was unreal!
Mike and Matt on lead vocals was killer.
1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
2006 - Cincinnati
2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
2009 - EV Solo Nashville
2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
2014 - Cincinnati
2016 - Greenville * Lexington
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    .....3 years 405 posts? You should consider going back to not posting at all and sparing us...

Wow! Here I am getting ridiculed for having only 405 posts in 3 years and you have only 90 in 5. I'm telling on you.
  • Options
    j3trowkillj3trowkill Posts: 103
    Wow! Here I am getting ridiculed for having only 405 posts in 3 years and you have only 90 in 5. I'm telling on you.

wahahaha!!!

Can't wait to see any video of that song!
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    j3trowkill wrote:
    wahahaha!!!

I'm just trying to make a point here. Apparently you don't get it.
  • Options
    pjampjam Posts: 101
    I don't get it, who gives a fuck how many times you've posted.
    09/13/98+08/29/00+11/05/00+11/06/00+12/08/02+
    12/09/02+06/01/03+06/02/03+06/03/03+06/05/03+
    06/06/03+06/07/03+07/02/03+07/03/03+07/08/03+
    07/09/03+07/11/03+07/14/03+09/28/04+09/29/04+
    10/01/04+10/08/04+10/03/05+05/13/06+05/24/06+
    05/25/06+ As many more as possible
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    i knew i shoulda gone tonight
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487

the person you quoted doesn't have 90 posts. It's not even the same name. I wonder how people quote from other threads? I've seen that done a few times on here.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    that was pure insanity
    I cant be any more in love with a pj moment in 30 shows than I am right now...that was SO unexpected and a cover I ALWAYS wanted to hear since I seen it on youtube from the vic. My boy Mikey took the Mic over :p and he just fuckin RIPPED IT!
    Thank You Thank You Thank You
    sooooooooooooosooooo much
    I fuckin love this band more and more every time
    :)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    j3trowkill wrote:
    wahahaha!!!

it'll be up later today.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    This would have been awesome!!!!!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

What are you retarded?

My beef is with YOU being obnoxious and annoying with your replies.... it obviously really got under your skin for you to have to PM me this thread 2:40am so that I can bash someone for having 90 posts.....

I don't care if people have 1 post... I told YOU to go back to not posting because YOU are obnoxious! Get a clue!

I have nothing against the thread starter and people who know me around here know very well that I'm not a bitch to people but you are ridiculous! :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Ace joining the band for Black Diamond was a great treat... killer tune!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    the person you quoted doesn't have 90 posts. It's not even the same name. I wonder how people quote from other threads? I've seen that done a few times on here.

Yes, I know that. I was showing the post where I was ridiculed for only having 405 posts in 3 years. I was responding to the person who started the thread. They only have 90 posts. Thanks for paying attention.
  • Options
    Yes, I know that. I was showing the post where I was ridiculed for only having 405 posts in 3 years. I was responding to the person who started the thread. They only have 90 posts. Thanks for paying attention.

get your story straight!
    I didn't ridicule you for having 405 posts, I merely pointed it out because your posts are annoying so I suggested to go back to not posting if you were only going to come out during tour time just to be obnxious.... I wonder what part of that you still don't understand? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Pearl Jam should fire Stone Gossard and bring ACE FREHLEY into Pearl Jam.

This would add a certain unpredictable rock & roll element that has been missing since the PJ guys have been spending their weekends watching the Teletubbies, drinking Hugs, and going to Home Depot.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    get your story straight!
    I didn't ridicule you for having 405 posts, I merely pointed it out because your posts are annoying so I suggested to go back to not posting if you were only going to come out during tour time just to be obnxious.... I wonder what part of that you still don't understand? :rolleyes:

You're being pretty criticial of other people.

That's not very Jamily of you.
  • Options
    get your story straight!

Someone needs to settle down. These are only words here. You should vent any frustration that you have built up inside of you over people getting killed in a senseless war, not words on a Pearl Jam message board.

and yes, you did ridicule me for having only 405 posts in 3 years. The post is right here if you care to refresh your memory.

Now go take a Zanex or something. You really need to settle down over nothing.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    You're pretty criticial of other people.

Apparently she doesn't like other peoples opinions unless they are the same as hers. Because she has over 6,000 posts, that's an average of over 6 per day, she feels that her opinion is worth more than paople that have a lower number of posts. Sad. Very sad indeed.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    You're being pretty criticial of other people.

I'm actually not fanch.... but this person really got on my nerves...
  • Options
    Someone needs to settle down. These are only words here. You should vent any frustration that you have built up inside of you over people getting killed in a senseless war, not words on a Pearl Jam message board.

and yes, you did ridicule me for having only 405 posts in 3 years. The post is right here if you care to refresh your memory.

Now go take a Zanex or something. You really need to settle down over nothing.

I was over it, YOU PMd me this thread in the middle of the night so that I could respond to you.... who needs to get over it? You posted all day yesterday making reference to the text discussion all day...

You didn't want me to answer you then you shouldn't have taken the time to PM's the link ... right?

It's not about opinions....I'm not going to explain my stance again because I have done so more than once, you just chose not to understand it and still try and make it about me not liking you for not posting that much and that's not it at all ....
  • Options
    MrFadedGloryMrFadedGlory Posts: 207
    Hey OP - it is now your responsibility to find us some pics of Ace. You started a thread without pics and now must pay for your lack in good judgement.
    Left the Porch
  • Options
    Apparently she doesn't like other peoples opinions unless they are the same as hers. Because she has over 6,000 posts, that's an average of over 6 per day, she feels that her opinion is worth more than paople that have a lower number of posts. Sad. Very sad indeed.
    you did ridicule me for having only 405 posts in 3 years.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/06/25/winner-5/

Stuff White People Like
    Statistics
    By: David Munoz of Panda Force

White people hate math. If you want to befriend white people, mention “that weird Asian calculus teacher who drew perfect circles” and how much you hated his class (bonus points if you mention how your parents made you get an even worse tutor who was more clueless than you and smelled bad).

However, white people are fascinated by “the power of statistics” since the math has already been done for them. Some magazines, like TIME, have a section in each magazine that has some interesting statistics ($80 trillion: the amount spent by the US in the Iraqi war) followed by absurd, barely related ones (4,317 yards: the distance covered if you were to take all the ammunition shells fired by US soldiers in Iraq since the war started). White people who read TIME will quote these statistics, but even non-TIME reading white people will throw in stats they read in a less-than-credible study. It’s not unusual to hear such things as “I don’t mind this neighborhood since I’m not Republican. 80% of them are anti-minority, you know” or “I don’t think you should let Sally play softball because 70% of softball players are lesbians”.

White people love sounding smarter than their peers and will jump at any chance to use a statistic if it’s applicable to the conversation in any way. The more absurd the statistic, the more clever and original you will seem. Stats can also hide negative feelings. If you meet a white person who wishes went to a school that they refer to as the “Harvard of the (Region where the university they attended is), they may say something like “Good thing I didn’t go to an Ivy since 35% of their graduates reported being unhappy with their lives”. It is considered rude to laugh and you should instead smile or throw in another appropriate statistic if handy.

The only time you should not use a statistic is to ask a white person if they knew “that (random number) % of statistics aren’t true”. You will be seen as being unoriginal, not funny, and will get stared at.

Disclaimer: 100% of these statistics were made up
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    any pics of Ace?
  • Options
    I can't get to it b/c I'm at work, but supposedly there is a video link below

http://www.bravewords.com/news/92251

As previously reported by Billboard.com, PEARL JAM gave a nod to
    its classic rock influences last night (June 25) in New York,
    drafting KISS guitarist ACE FREHLEY and RAMONES bassist C.J.
    Ramone for guest appearances during the second of a two-night
    stand at Madison Square Garden. Frehley turned up to play lead
    guitar on KISS' 'Black Diamond', which was mostly sung by drummer
    Matt Cameron, with guitarist Mike McCready, an admitted Frehley
    obsessive, handling the first verse. Rumors persist that Stone Gossard
    will be fired from Pearl Jam and replaced by Mr. Frehley. This would add
    a certain unpredictable rock & roll element that has been missing
    since the PJ guys have been spending their weekends watching
    the Teletubbies, drinking Capri Sun, and going to Home Depot.
    Watch the video above.
  • Options
    ballgame wrote:
    any pics of Ace?

Here's the only decent one that I was able to get. I have more, but that one is the best out of all of them.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,874
    Ace was a bad Mother"SHUT YOUR MOUTH"

he was a metal God out there, and no makeup made him an even bigger bad ass
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    Ace rules
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Most schizophrenic thread ever.

Cheers.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg