Options

Vinyl Brothers and Sisters- Need advice/weigh in

edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
What would you say is the best deal assuming you loved and wanted each of these equally and all were sealed/mint?:

Binaural $200
Live on 2 Legs $200
Lost Dogs $225
Rearview Mirror $225
Soldier Field (sea foam green vinyl) $375
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If I had to pick: Binaural
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I bought a sealed Live On 2 Legs for $85 so I think that one is WAY overpriced. I don't know much about the Soldier Field, just that plenty of bootlegs exist so I can't comment on that price. The others seem to be in line with the norm. Of those, I'd most want Binaural, but that's a favorite album of mine and I really want it on vinyl someday. Other one that jumps at me is Lost Dogs. But you just have to decide which one is your favorite and go for it. But that Live On 2 Legs looks way off to me.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments so far gang. Personally, I am leaning towards Lost Dogs right now. Something about having to hear Fatal on my turntable mostly.
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Thanks for your comments so far gang. Personally, I am leaning towards Lost Dogs right now. Something about having to hear Fatal on my turntable mostly.

Can't go wrong there. Double lp with tons of great songs that I'm guessing sound great on vinyl. Seems like a fair price too. :thumbup:
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    LOST DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938

They all seem like good deals by today's standards, the most collectable is the soldier field vinyl, but now is just a matter of what's your favorite record.

PS
    Lost dogs is a bit pricey but just a bit...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    Or you could save yourself some dough by getting them used, especially since you plan to spin.
  • Options
    LOST DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Binural will be reissued one day, price will drop.
    Lo2l can get got alot cheaper..."diggin in the crates crew clique my brother"
    RVM is on every other album anyway.. :lol:
    Soldier Field IS NOT BENNY HALL.. Stop acting like it is... ;)

Just my opinion..Good Luck man.
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    Binaural. The way that album was physically recorded screamed vinyl. Seriously. You haven't heard binaural till youve heard it on wax.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Binaural...good, but I'm having to pick one out of this group
    Live on 2 Legs...price seems high to me
    RVM...good, but most of those songs are on other Vinyls
    Soldier Field...heard too many different opinions on that to put down that kind of cash
    Lost Dogs...B-sides...no other vinyl source for most of the songs on there...*WINNER*...would be awesome to sit back & spin THAT Black Circle
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Soldier Field...heard too many different opinions on that to put down that kind of cash
    Lost Dogs...B-sides...no other vinyl source for most of the songs on there...*WINNER*...would be awesome to sit back & spin THAT Black Circle

My point EXACTLY... ;) ^^^^Lost Dogs is a no brainer based on those prices..

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    You guys are all awesome (except Duncs who I would never trust or deal with :lol: ...kidding!!!) I appreciate everyone's thoughts here.
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Duncs wrote:
    Binaural. The way that album was physically recorded screamed vinyl. Seriously. You haven't heard binaural till youve heard it on wax.
    +1
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    Depends on your plan...

If you plan on getting them all regardless in the next few years I would go with RVM. It's getting more rare to see on eBay anymore and I haven't seen it go for under $200 (even opened!!) over the last few months so it may become harder to find in the future.

If you want the best to spin right now go for LD for sure :). It has 2 lps of 100% new songs where RVM has 3 vinyl of songs you probably have on vinyl already ;). I also think they'll reissue Binaural well before LD
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    content vs. price: Lost Dogs.
    collection wise: Soldier Field (even though this is NOT Benaroya and we know it is NOT:) plus live bootlegs rock!

enjoy whatever you will get!
    b.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    What would you say is the best deal assuming you loved and wanted each of these equally and all were sealed/mint?:

Binaural $200
    Live on 2 Legs $200
    Lost Dogs $225
    Rearview Mirror $225
    Soldier Field (sea foam green vinyl) $375

I say Binaural based on my following since October. I've ONLY seen 5, in sealed/mint condition, for sale in that time, with the AVERAGE price of $233.00. It's been the hardest to find for me. Well, it WAS the hardest as i have one on it's way this week.

Not quite as sure about LO2L, but i'm guessing that price is no that bad.

I think you can do better with LD.

For me RVM is a waste, unless you just want to COMPLETE your PJ vinyl. I know i'm in no hurry to get that one.

I have NO clue about that Soldier Field, as i'm too concerned of completeing my PJ studio vinyl> :lol:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    LD on vinyl is fucking awesome! I like it more than my Benny vinyl!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    used to own Lost Dogs...and it sounded amazing! now i need to find another copy :?
    i've never heard Binaural on vinyl, so i can't comment on that....
    LO2L sounds great, as does RVM....
    i have a copy of Soldier Field coming my way this week!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136

Can't go wrong there. Double lp with tons of great songs that I'm guessing sound great on vinyl. Seems like a fair price too. :thumbup:

Lost Dogs, without any doubt, by the way it is a 3LP vinyl set... not pricey at all to me...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    cutz wrote:
    I say Binaural based on my following since October. I've ONLY seen 5, in sealed/mint condition, for sale in that time, with the AVERAGE price of $233.00. It's been the hardest to find for me. Well, it WAS the hardest as i have one on it's way this week.

Not quite as sure about LO2L, but i'm guessing that price is no that bad.

I think you can do better with LD.

For me RVM is a waste, unless you just want to COMPLETE your PJ vinyl. I know i'm in no hurry to get that one.

I have NO clue about that Soldier Field, as i'm too concerned of completeing my PJ studio vinyl> :lol:

totally agree on RVM, I would love to have it to sort of completing my vinyl collection, I would never be able to afford Benny...

• Options
    LOST DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Binural will be reissued one day, price will drop.
    Lo2l can get got alot cheaper..."diggin in the crates crew clique my brother"
    RVM is on every other album anyway.. :lol:
    Soldier Field IS NOT BENNY HALL.. Stop acting like it is... ;)

Just my opinion..Good Luck man.

Binaural will be increasing its price, and when they reissue it, the first pressing will increase even more... my 2 cents... I agree with you on the rest...

• Options
    Duncs wrote:

you nailed it

• Options
    pjradio wrote:

I would love to have the RVM 4LP set just to kinda completing my collection, but I have all the rest, so I would rather had Singles soundtrack because of Breath, State of love and trust, Chloe Dancer/Crown of thorns and Seasons... and I love Waiting for somebody, Dislexic heart, Nearly lost you, overblown and of course Birth ritual... but not as much...

• Options
    I look at it like this. There are Lost Dogs vinyls all over the place, you can buy one pretty much whenever you want. Binaural is much harder to come by.

Lost Dogs may cost you more, but you can pretty much get it when you want it.
    Get Binaural while you can.

And it's not a given that there'll be more re-issues.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Sea foam green is the original, OFFICIAL Soldier Field, with only 500 or so copies pressed to begin with. I wonder how many have survived the last fifteen years? And of those, how many are sealed/mint? The others will show up sooner or later. I'd say grab that Soldier Field.
    Chicago-United Center 6/18/2003
    Chicago-United Center 5/17/2006
    Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
    Ed Solo Chicago-Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
    PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/2011 + 9/4/2011
    Chicago-Wrigley 7/19/2013
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    If you knew Soldier Field was not a bootleg, that might be a great one to go for. It's probably the hardest to come by simply because those that get it rarely part with it. 1995 was one of the greatest years for live Pearl Jam. Their sound was close to perfect.

I know it's the one record I have to have some day.
  • Options
    soldier field best priced.

others all 10% too much

lost dogs cant go wrong....but why not buy opened and save $25-50 more if your going to play it
  • Options
    I'd rather pay $25-50 more to pick it up in person instead of buy off the bay. I flat out won't do any business on the bay since I've been burned before.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    they are all high except Binaural and Soldier Field

It is still a high price for Binaural, but a fair one.

Soldier field goes 225-500 depending on the buying climate. If it still has the poster in it then for sure it is fair.
    understand it is not the full show on the LP.

Riot Act, Avocado, Lost Dogs and GHits have all skyrocketed the past year and a half so look for the best deal possible, those are not it.
  • Options
    djmikeyz28 wrote:
    Sea foam green is the original, OFFICIAL Soldier Field, with only 500 or so copies pressed to begin with. I wonder how many have survived the last fifteen years? And of those, how many are sealed/mint? The others will show up sooner or later. I'd say grab that Soldier Field.

From what I've heard in the past, I don't think Soldier Field was ever sealed to begin with...