Options

Setlists

oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If PJ plays 22 songs, or 30 songs, or more... it's all excellent. And I don't mean maybe, bay bee. Pearl Jam .. excellence beyond compare!! :)
Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
As she slams the door in his drunken face
And now he stands outside
And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
And his tears fall and burn the garden green
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I agree... I feel very sorry for the fans who can't be excited anymore.
    Each show is a party, especially if I was lucky enough to be there :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I agree... some seems to be disappointed by the setlists, saying "once more, they played even flow, etc.".
    It looks like some fans have become very demanding. When you see the high quality of each show, I think we can be very very happy.
    Many other bands (RHCP, etc.) have the same setlist every day...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Julien wrote:
    I agree... some seems to be disappointed by the setlists, saying "once more, they played even flow, etc.".
    It looks like some fans have become very demanding. When you see the high quality of each show, I think we can be very very happy.
    Many other bands (RHCP, etc.) have the same setlist every day...

I've been lucky enough to go to 7 shows in the past year, and it was quite eye-opening when my brother, commenting on the Milan show said he could not believe how happy he was when they started Evenflow :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    meme wrote:
    I've been lucky enough to go to 7 shows in the past year, and it was quite eye-opening when my brother, commenting on the Milan show said he could not believe how happy he was when they started Evenflow :)

I understand... my first show was 3 weeks ago and when even flow started I was so.. wow!!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Been going to shows for nearly 15 years and every one is great. Only downer is when they stop playing. Wish I was still at the Gorge!!!
    #FHP
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,540
    Remember: from the first time a PJ fan sees a show, the whole thing is spectacular. Every moment is unsuspecting, and for that is amazing. I love seeing PJ as many times as I can - but when you know E-Flo, Corduroy and Betterman are guarantees....its not that its tiring, but you have the same feeling recreated everytime. I think "those fans" just want to get that "first time high" thats so hard to recreate. Does that make sense?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    MrGibbons wrote:
    Remember: from the first time a PJ fan sees a show, the whole thing is spectacular. Every moment is unsuspecting, and for that is amazing. I love seeing PJ as many times as I can - but when you know E-Flo, Corduroy and Betterman are guarantees....its not that its tiring, but you have the same feeling recreated everytime. I think "those fans" just want to get that "first time high" thats so hard to recreate. Does that make sense?
    that makes plenty of sense....

and that "first time high" reference......

is dead on........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....