Trying to stay positive

PermaLogicPermaLogic Posts: 31
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Dark days, its hard to see the light. Not sure what to do. Who to tell. I keep it to myself.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hmmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I'm sorry, I understand. I think most, if not all, people have been in a similar feeling situation. Sending you positive thoughts, it will get better. If you don't have any close friends whom you trust and can confide in, maybe you could consider a therapist? Just a thought. It may prove helpful. Best wishes.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Going for long walks in the wilderness always helps me. Take a day off and spend the entire time outside and by yourself. That helps me sort my thoughts out.

Good luck.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Jason P wrote:
    Going for long walks in the wilderness always helps me. Take a day off and spend the entire time outside and by yourself. That helps me sort my thoughts out.

Good luck.
    excellent advice imo. I have to do this several times a week (although not for the entire day, but still)--if I didn't, I would lose it.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    "it's an art to live with pain; mix the light into grey"

It takes a concerted effort to get firm footing on that path, to be sure. I think it also takes the ability to allow ourselves the time to wallow in the darkness for a bit, before kicking yourself in the ass, dusting off, and getting back up.

Giving of yourself can help as well...maybe volunteering in some way?

I've also found animals to be incredibly healing in so many ways (not to mention unrivaled entertainment). They give no judgments, they make me think...and they humble the hell outta me.

Hope you can get some release and healing, whichever road you take.
  • Jason P wrote:

Good luck.
    Starting to get out on the snow shoes with the dog. Not having a job allows me plenty of time to hit the woods and reflect, starting to think too much time. The issues are not so emotional, its the almighty dollar that got me embarrassed, ashamed, yada yada, whaa, whaa, poor me. I cant believe I am letting myself down by allowing a seemingly trivial thing grab a hold of my spirit and starting it own Fight Club within.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PermaLogic wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Good luck.
    Starting to get out on the snow shoes with the dog. Not having a job allows me plenty of time to hit the woods and reflect, starting to think too much time. The issues are not so emotional, its the almighty dollar that got me embarrassed, ashamed, yada yada, whaa, whaa, poor me. I cant believe I am letting myself down by allowing a seemingly trivial thing grab a hold of my spirit and starting it own Fight Club within.

unemployed for about 2 years now...decided long ago that you cannot control life...whatever happens, you must take it and see it in a new light. Things happen for a reason.

No Job=an opportunity to better myself, find something new to learn. Just started working out, feels good to get moving. Bought a guitar, hoping to learn to play, I'm just a bit intimidated by the learning process right now.

Some days are better than others, I have been literally clearing stuff out of the house...gave away 5 huge garbage bags full of stuff. that felt really good. Gave it to a company that uses it to provide for disabled folks...not just the Value Village/Goodwill.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonist wrote:
    "it's an art to live with pain; mix the light into grey"

It takes a concerted effort to get firm footing on that path, to be sure. I think it also takes the ability to allow ourselves the time to wallow in the darkness for a bit, before kicking yourself in the ass, dusting off, and getting back up.

Giving of yourself can help as well...maybe volunteering in some way?

I've also found animals to be incredibly healing in so many ways (not to mention unrivaled entertainment). They give no judgments, they make me think...and they humble the hell outta me.

Hope you can get some release and healing, whichever road you take.

hoe
    lee
    fuck.

Listen to this person. very wise.
    Smoking hot as well. You could fry an egg on her.